Kamala / Walz 2024

If the Right was actually funny, they’d be attacking Tim Walz’s Midwestern Dad Bonafides.

“I heard Tim Walz woke up at 7AM the morning after a Minnesota snowstorm and his neighbor already shoveled his sidewalk for him”

“I heard Tim Walz once had to call a handyman to fix a running toilet”

7 Likes

5 Likes

Yes I’ve read all the above. I have published using a Marxist anthropology lens.

I was taking issue with your claim that communism is somehow about making sacrifices for some future benefit. That’s not at all part of the philosophy.

If you want to claim there are sacrifices (which is an odd way to look at it) they are about immediate benefits not some future state.

Ok, I’m not sure Marx would have adopted the “sacrifice now for paradise later” frame, because he was overly optimistic, politically naive, and thought communism would arise in developed economies.

In terms of actual communism, my understanding is that “sacrifice now for a paradise later” was the dominant message of the USSR to its citizens for the whole of its existence.

In terms of “Marxist anthropology,” that strikes me as a made-up thing. I mean I’m sure it exists, but it’s why biological anthropologists and social anthropologists aren’t really on speaking terms.

Okay.

This may have something to do with me holding a less black and white view.

For many of the Muslims I know Islam just plays a low key role in their life, is a positive link to family, eating and being a good person.

I’m generally anti religion, but I’ve become more tolerant as I’ve got older.

1 Like

Early communism was much more like The Gift. Through a control economy and overcoming the labor theory of value they had discovered the secret code to outplan the anemic growth of undirected owner controlled parasitic capitalism, which would lead to a better future faster. A lot was made about growth rates, infrastructure building, and the superiority of communism to capitalism. It was only after a couple of decades when it became clear that in the long term capitalism returned more growth than communism that a sacrifice mindset started to be a fall back position.

2 Likes

Bummer for Marx to discover The Truth about economics at approximately the same time developed economies first started producing a compounding surplus of goods and services.

5 Likes

https://x.com/Scottcrates/status/1822033681202221361

Event the rubiest of rubes isn’t going to keep buying the “Hurr durr, Bon Iver, free concert!” nonsense for long.

5 Likes

That looks like a good sized arena

1 Like

If every dollar got you extra votes Trump would crush and if excitement got you extra votes Kamala would.

I was going to critique his car repair video but I let it slide.

1 Like

Man,

Soros is gonna have to go deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in his pocket for this one.

2 Likes

But G-Love and Special Sauce played then everyone left!

I like how it’s a perfectly credible read that these crowd sizes single-handedly tilted Trump into giving that meltdown presser yesterday.

11 Likes

You know it’s just KILLING him.

7 Likes

Some research reveals the is the Desert Diamond Arena with capacity of 20,000

1 Like

On a supercut it sounded like he brought it up unprompted 5+ times. There’s a reason the dril tweet was so apt.

Trump reacting to crowd size questions