Kamala / Walz 2024

I don’t even like Pete but he seems like such a no brainer pick imo. Some geriatric looking fuck is not the right pick this cycle. Pete lets you distill this race down to 15 second tiktok clips or whatever so easily. The Dems have kind of accidentally stumbled upon the reality that people who are younger than boomers want voting for the Dems to be cool again and they can actually do it here for the first time since Obama if they play their cards right.

3 Likes

And to elaborate I think it’s very under talked about how somehow the fucking GOP with lame ass Donald Trump has somehow made it manly or cool or whatever to be a right winger. And somehow made the Dems into the party of geriatric ghoul Karens.

That’s coming off the heels of Obama who was, for all his faults, a fairly cool president. Like what in the fuck has happened here where this is even possible. Even in 2020 dudes like Joe Rogan or Dana White were still sort of pretending. Somehow the Dems have branded the positions everyone wants terribly while the GOP has branded positions no one likes as American, Chad, Patriotic, etc.

It’s a total own goal by the Dems and they have a chance here to actually reverse that if they stay away from picking some safe boring old white guy.

4 Likes

Pete polled way better with old people than young. Bernie polled better with young people than old.

Pete is not cool.

1 Like

Pete can lay down a diss track though right?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure actual young people will think that’s horribly cringe as they say.

1 Like

Fair enough. I am very out of touch with the youths so that’s probably correct.

:fu:

Goblin mode is a neologism for the rejection of societal expectations in a hedonistic manner without concern for one’s self-image.[1] While usage of the term dates back to 2009 with varying definitions, the term went viral in early 2022.

Goblin illustration by John D. Batten from “English Fairy Tales” (19th century)

The 2022 popularity derived from a tweet by Twitter shitposter Junlper featuring a doctored Fox News headline of an interview with actress Julia Fox, purporting her to have used the phrase.[2][3] The image prompted a large increase in online searches for goblin mode, leading Fox to clarify she did not use the term. Goblin mode has also been linked to a viral Reddit post in which a user admits to acting “like a goblin” when alone at home.[4][5]

The term quickly became viral on social media platforms such as TikTok, often as a response to other trends such as cottagecore or self-improvement.[4][6] In April 2022, business magnate Elon Musk posted an image macro implicitly attributing his proposed acquisition of Twitter, Inc. to him being in “goblin mode”.[7] In June 2022, the term was defined on Dictionary.com as “a slang term for a way of behaving that intentionally and shamelessly gives in to and indulges in base habits and activities without regard for adhering to social norms or expectations”.[1] In December 2022, online respondents selected the term from Oxford Languages’ shortlist, which also included metaverse and #IStandWith, as the Word of the Year.[8][9]

The popularity of goblin mode may be linked to a rejection of the perceived carefully curated lifestyles often presented by social media users. The trend has also been linked to a manner of coping with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on society, due to the fact that it is described as a way of life that gives people permission to reject societal norms and embrace their basic instincts.[4][10][11]

2 Likes

Is there more prestige or power to being a Rep than a Senator?

Silly example, but I was confused by an episode of Superman and Lois where Lana Lang is running for Senator, and she explains that if she wins, it could open big paths for her, maybe even Congress.

Either it was state senator, or it was a joke (possibly on Lana)

1 Like

You mean a secret joke by the writers? It was played for serious.

1 Like

Im warming up to Pete. Was kind of sour on him due to the 2020 election (attacking bernie from the right despite prevously liking bernie plus dropping out in first place) But if not Walz i can dig him

1 Like

Yeah like I dunno the series, is she spacey?

1 Like

No, she’s very smart. I mean aside from never guessing Clark Kent is Superman.

Don’t think there’s any question that being a Senator is the more prestigious position. Individual reps only get significant press if they’re in the top leadership roles or they’re a freakshow who seeks out bad press as long as it gets them attention. Much higher percentage of Senators with a national profile to people who are paying attention.

1 Like

Weird! Senator is definitely more prestigious

1 Like

Ty. Then I hope Pete is either VP or goes for Senator with future POTUS ambition.

1 Like

BUT he’s NOT WEIRD

2 Likes

Maybe she’s from one of those “states” like Wyoming that only have one Rep.

There’s not really an opening for Senate in MI unless something changes. 2022 midterm will have a Dem incumbent. Then nothing until 2026. Which more likely than not also has a Dem incumbent, or if it doesn’t then it likely signals a Trump win this year.

If he doesn’t get picked then I think he has to hope Harris wins and puts him in a higher cabinet position than the one he currently holds. Then he’s moving up in the world and is well-positioned to make a potential POTUS run in 2028.

1 Like