Just memes

I know… still amusing though. I mean, people know how fast 60 miles an hour is, but they don’t measure their living room in how many seconds it would take their car to drive across it.

1 Like

This was just a baseball team thing, but we spoke Major League.

I was a “finesse” pitcher. Great control, sick movement, killer curveball, but below average velocity on my fastball (was probably more like average my senior year).

Sometimes when I was on the mound, I would hear from one of the outfielders, “GIVE 'EM THE HEATER!” I knew it was coming at some point, but there was once or twice when I had to step off the rubber to collect myself.

3 Likes

We do the same thing except we convert it to cost per year, which makes sense…

I was old-man musing about this the other day: at what point did it become socially acceptable to put “I WILL FUCKING MURDER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WITH MY AR-15” stickers all over your car? I feel like growing up there was always the village weirdo/edgelord with that kind of aesthetic, but now it feels like all this deranged Nazi iconography is mainstream. Like this is just how adults behave in public now.

2 Likes

Look, I get the argument for it. But writing a unit as kilounit hours per thousand hours will not stop being funny to me.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that is ridiculous, especially since 1000 hours doesn’t mean anything. I’m very surprised the US does it better, what with your Nanny State and all:

1 Like

This guy is committing to the bit in a way you just don’t see very often

https://x.com/sanstitre2000/status/1811028840547778759

3 Likes

16 Likes

I just think you could write a 5000 word essay about american conservatism about how they (correctly) assume that the violence and opression of the police wont be used against them, about how they are totally cosseted little babies entirely dependent on huge priviledge from the state structure and their unearned private wealth who somehow still fervently believe they are rugged independent non conformists fighting the system and that all their good fortune comes from their inherent goodness and their personal relationship with a loving god (who hates anyone slightly different).

Or you could show those three stickers. God bless the usa, thin blue line and fuck you I wont comply. No understanding of the inherent contradiction.

1 Like

I don’t think this is quite right. American conservatism uses the fear of state violence being used against conservatives to grab power, undermine democracy, and justify violence against others. I don’t think the fear is a cynical play for most conservatives. I think it’s just projection.

We had guys in the dorm that had an audio tape of Airplane. I guess that became a language of sorts.

7 Likes

https://x.com/acili0b/status/1809317398119690246

1 Like

15 Likes

19 Likes

This one actually kinda works.

1 Like

GSJ2NUaWwAA7hbx

4 Likes

5 Likes

Woah did you sell your ape?