Just memes

I don’t fault them for not knowing. It’s a mistake I would have easily made.

But then taking it the extra step of being outraged about it enough to make those reviews - fucking lol. Any normal person would be like “woops lol me” and moved on.

1 Like

I’m on the side of the reviewers. When you buy them in the store, they come pumped in cardboard boxes.

Reviewers say the listing doesn’t mention that there’s no pump. There’s a reasonable expectation that something like that would be mentioned - for example, you often hear “batteries not included” in ads for electronics, or that a cheap pump would be included (one came with a yoga ball I ordered a few years back). And gonna go ahead and guess the ad shows a picture of an inflated ball, which is not what they’re actually selling. They’re not even being overly aggressive in those reviews. It’s lame that people want to dunk on them. I give your attitudes one and a half stars.

1 Like

You need a pump anyway. The balls don‘t stay inflated forever.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ha. They must have been having a sale or something because this came in the mail two days ago for us. It also had a hand pump but it was absolute dog shit. After spending 5 minutes trying to inflate it, I had to go dig out the bike tire one to get the job done.

1 Like

I always wondered what a 16+ new reply chain would look like ITT.

2 Likes

Exactly. If they came inflated, some percentage of those reviewers would complain at some later time that it didn’t come with a pump, and that they now have to buy one for so-and-so much Dollars.

I was thinking “Sweet! Tons of new memes”

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/SvnSxty/status/1361694019256868865

10 Likes

4 Likes

I never did beat that one.

Also, why do they all have Raphael’s headband?

1 Like

Don’t worry, no one did lol

2 Likes

I even tried a couple of times on an emulator. Couldn’t even beat the first underwater level which I know I got past back in the day.

1 Like

I still have the original NES and cartridge but no TV really works for it without some adapter that I don’t have. The games also look terrible blown up on modern tv’s

FYP

1 Like

1 Like

Why does the underwater level have this weird reputation?

Other levels were way harder.

Other games too!

2 Likes

I imagine it’s a filter, like maybe it’s the first really hard level, so more people never get past it than never get past subsequent levels.

1 Like

Continuing the derail, my friend and I used to (pre-pandemic) get together every couple months to get drunk and try to beat this classic on a RPi I set up as a game emulator:

There are a ton of inside jokes that have spawned from this, the most notable being our inability for a long time to beat the 3rd boss, “Roper”
This led to us referring to our occasional BT/DD nights as “shooting Ropes,” which our girlfriends found horrifying/amusing. “Hey man, want to get drunk and shoot some Ropes on Friday?”

5 Likes