Just memes

Pita is open at the top and a single side. That’s a new category.

1 Like

Maybe we should consult with experts:

1 Like

Fusion food. Absolutely the worst.

I’m sure that good fusion food is possible. But the vast majority is white people doing overpriced ethnic food badly. at least in Aus.

1 Like

All I know for sure is that if a hot dog has ketchup on it, it’s not a real hot dog. I don’t make the rules

2 Likes

I also think ketchup on hot dogs is gross, but I’m pretty sure a solid percentage of weiner eaters would disagree with us.

2 Likes

It’s illegal in Chicago and some places will refuse if you request it

1 Like

Ah…Chicago dogs. I like veggies, but I’d rather have a dog with just the condiments and a side salad.

2 Likes

8 Likes

25 Likes

A pita is a taco, it is not the ingredients that control the classification of the food, it is the wrapping. A pita held in a ‘V’ shape filled with toppings is a taco, a pita with the filling stuffed inside of it is a calzone.

2 Likes

A pita “open at the top” is a 3 sided food; a taco. If the top flap of the pita is in place it becomes a calzone.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but fuck regional tastes in foods. Growing up on the West Coast we put ketchup and mustard on our hotdogs and didn’t give a shit what the Great Lakes were. Big Shoulders my ass, more like fragile little taste buds amirite?

4 Likes

To make it more broad, top center category should be “pizza” and bottom center should be “empanada.”

Also cheesesteaks and hoagies are not tacos.

I imagine tacos are the most popular member of the taco family, so it gets to be the name of the category. But if you put your hoagie or cheesesteak in a bun, you are having a delicious form of Taco. I don’t make the rules.

1 Like

th-529874700

Shameless corporate marketeers don’t even throw the term around that loosely.

1 Like

post deleted.

Going to take a moment to vent -

I only know a calzone as ham, ricotta, mozzarella inside sealed pizza dough.

Whatever they call a calzone in my town definitely isn’t a calzone.

A calzone with a bunch of other shit in it, especially sauce, is just a stuffed pizza.

I’ve always known calzone as just a think crust pizza you fold in half.

This thread has seen a precipitous decline in the meme : bullshit ratio lately. Get back to work, you lot.

7 Likes

The sauce was always on the side at the one Calzone joint I used to go to.

2 Likes