ITV: Impeachment Television

It’s the mantra eternal for crooks. So mad they got caught, not that they did something wrong.

I absolutely cannot stand Lesko. Why is she yelling at me?

Like, do you know how microphones work? Its like those olds who scream into their phone everywhere they go.

1 Like

Lol I just tuned in. Republican dude going hyper speed through conspiracy bullshit is hilarious.

Stop with the posters. Is everyone fucking 5?

Both unders

at most 1R and maybe 6D’s end up with one or more NO’s. Two are confirmed, and then there’s Tulsi Gabbard who I’d be surprised if she didn’t vote no on abuse of power. Big fan of that sort of thing she is. There’s also a couple dems on the fence as to what to do (one maine dude decided to split the two) because they’re still trying to figure out how not to be fucked in 2020.

and I’m being generous on the 1R

Brindisi voted yes so he’s toast in 2020. Kudos dude though, kudos.

Van Drew still hasn’t left the party and has kinda backtracked on it a bit–I think he got some data that said he really just fucked himself and now he’s hoping somehow for a miracle that waiting enough time will get him out of it.

The biggest takeaway and most disturbing is that particular nonsense works.

Whos the micro machine man?

wait is Tulsi not even in washington right now? I need to know this for uh, research purposes.

The whole “63 million people elected the president” line is really stupid. How hard is it to respond with “and 65 million didnt. Does their vote not count?”

It’s the same level of stupid those colored red/blue maps they like to show. It’s not for us.

If I wasn’t so lazy I’d go dig up the posts from pre-impeachment when 95% of this forum was foaming at the mouth to impeach and Pelosi was literally the dumbest/most corrupt politician EVAR for not immediately impeaching.

I believe my prediction was along the lines of “well ultimately nothing’s going to happen and then you’ll be disheartened and disillusioned and you’ll probably blame Pelosi for not doing it right”. And also the not-so-politically savvy could become really disillusioned.

That said - I’m actually happy impeachment happened. If nothing else it throws a speed bump in the path of Trump’s democracy destruction tour for a while.

2 Likes

I think it’s absolutely the right thing to do and Dems were stupid for not going HAM but I’m also not crazy enough to think We Got Him.

4 Likes

The worst case scenario is it disillusions low-info dems while it helps Trump consolidate power and root out enemies. I’m still for it, but that is the fear.

1 Like

Is anyone actually watching this hearing? I saw earlier that they’re “limiting” it to six hours–yikes. I assume it’s just a bunch of preaching-to-the-choir on both sides, but curious if it’s anything more or there’s actual back-and-forth.

1 Like

When is the vote going to be? Basically no one knows?

No, nothing much outside of grandstanding

The chariman said each side has 153 minutes remaining. So about 5 hours until the vote.

4 Likes

Lol.

They fear THIS MAPPPPPPPP

1 Like

There are going to be a lot of highs and a lot of lows throughout this whole process. It didn’t start with Trump and it won’t stop with him.

I’m taking right now as one of the highs. An almost certainty that Trump will be impeached later today. Everything leading up to that is anticipation. If we don’t stop to appreciate this moment, if we don’t celebrate progress and real victories along the way, we’ll lose the spirit to keep fighting.

I’ll be outraged if the articles aren’t approved, but that’s for later. For right now, in the spirit of holiday gratitude, I celebrate the day Trump is (likely) impeached.

3 Likes