ITV: Impeachment Television

It was excellent but 20 minutes long. How do people like us break through to the short attention span people that need a 60s (maximum) video on Instagram or whatever?

1 Like

Honestly for my age group at least the only thing I can think of to get people not interested into it is to have some hilarious meme shit go down and go viral.

That said lots of people my age have been posting about it on FB, but they’re all reliable liberal voters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1197689477281525761

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheViewFromLL2/status/1197643515834109952

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheViewFromLL2/status/1197648446116814849

Thread…

2 Likes

I’m serious, there’s gotta be someone with some skills out there that can work some magic and make a sweet king hippo/trump gif

3 Likes

King Trumpo?

King%20Trumpo

26 Likes

3 Likes

If this has already been posted, too fucking bad. have it again.

https://twitter.com/SaoSasha/status/1197320791706263552?s=20

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/1197674806575030272?s=20

5 Likes

There’s a reason she appeared today and not 2 weeks ago.

I’m sure she’s gonna milkshake duck all over me, but man, I watched a lot of Hill before I went to bed (out here in Prague) and she impressed the hell out of me. What a badass.

1 Like

So want that as avatar. Good work risky.

1 Like

I’m still not convinced this won’t backfire on the Dems. They could have included all sorts of other, more damaging high crimes and misdemeanors for impeachment. Instead, they chose to focus on this one Ukrainian call because they assessed it was the most cut and dry example that average Americans could understand, so they went with the K.I.S.S rule and neglected every other illegal nefarious thing about his presidency. I think this was a huge mistake knowing full well that Republican senators would quite literally side with Trump if he was caught on video raping a teen. It’s simply not going to have enough of an impact to achieve anything meaningful

If they were going to impeach, they should’ve brought out everything imo. Multiple counts of obstruction of justice in the Mueller investigation, all the emoluments clause violations, what’s happening in Yemen and why, breaking campaign finance laws, witness intimidation, telling +13,000 lies to the American people since taking office, numerous actions unbecoming of the office. The list is endless

Since there is literally zero chance of conviction in the senate, I have to assume the main goal was to inform the American people on just how corrupt this president is… If so, then INFORM THEM of everthing! Instead, this one thing will quickly get laughed out of the senate and will only serve to help in his reelection bid. Just my opinion

Edit: I hope I’m wrong

1 Like

I want to say that this was under Republican questioning too

One belief is that the public only has so much appetite and bandwidth for political mud slinging, and that if you try to tell them everything, the result will be that they listen to nothing. The idea that keeping it confined to one simple story with a clear beginning middle and end, rather than just throwing all the shit at the wall and hoping something sticks, isn’t on its face absurd. I’m far from a political strategist, and don’t know what’s ultimately best in the long term. I do think there is a very real chance that this backfires on the dems. The dem candidates clearly don’t want to focus their campaign on it.

Yeah I am still torn. I thought they should pile on the charges as well but I am not sure now. Both routes have pros and cons.

The biggest risk here is they can’t go back for another bite. Trump will literally be able to shoot someone on 5th Avenue and the Democrats will be devoid of political capital to pursue it.

Just these hearings alone we got

Extortion
Witness tampering
Obstruction of justice

If they don’t vote yes in the senate nothing else would have made a difference.

1 Like

My understanding is there will be several articles of impeachment.

The hearings are in part theater. These are just public hearings for…the public. The actual articles will be far more thorough than Ukraine.

The fact that these witnesses have turned out to be AMAZING theater is an unexpected gift.

1 Like

Running around doing a bunch of stuff at the moment but will be happy to make it into an avatar later. Does Unstuck have any specific dimension requirements or anything for a gif avatar?

Thanks for the idea @ViridianDreams. My second time making a gif overlay :+1:

2 Likes

I think there’s a gamble going on wrt Trumps taxes & McGahn case for executive immunity.
It’s hard to say now if he would resign if his taxes were released as he thinks the right is all for him now.

The Dems need to run adds showing the US constitution and Trumps crime on it and ask the American people to come out and save there democracy or its over imo once the Senate trials start the people need to be on the streets to show support for impeachment or its over as there already trying to dismiss the impact of these hearings.

And tbh its over anyways as there is only 1 winner of these trials, win or lose as Dr Hill said Putin started this in 2006 and promised his people he would retaliate for Ukraine and he won hands down.

For this I put the blame firmly on the EU for not giving Ukrainians the support they needed to get a Democratic country, as throughout history has shown us the’ve had a troubled passed and would not survive on there own.

Now I’m no Academic or policy expert and these are just random opinions but I’m scared today for democracy and feel like these next months are the most important in our lifetime.

1 Like