It’s 2020. Why are you still eating meat?

Boil to ‘al dente’, drizzle in a good, flavoured olive oil, freshly ground salt and pepper. Never fails!

2 Likes

I certainly have fewer issues with humanely raised meat. But it makes up a tiny percentage of our supply in the states, and the cost is way more prohibitive than even the best organic produce. I still remember the smell and sights the first time I drove by a factory feed lot / slaughterhouse in West Texas.

This is so alien to me. My body literally hurts if I don’t eat raw vegetables for more than a couple of days.
Even when we get fast food home, we almost always prepare a quick chopped salad to serve with burgers.

I started using a spice blend on my veggies to cut back on sodium. This one is good (and the owner is a proud liberal who is openly political so i have no issues supporting them)

https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/mural-of-flavor/c-24/p-219/pd-s

5 Likes

Did you know it’s easy to diy oat milk? It’s kinda spendy here and I’m tighter than a ducks butt.

It’s probably why I try to cram in smoothies when I can. We roast veggies and sauté kale nearly daily. I should probably make more salads at home. I will report back. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This helps me get my veggies in. It’s filling and awesome. Spendy kind of unless you grow your own.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/reports/micronutrient-smoothie.pdf

2 Likes

I do now. Maybe I’ll try it. YouTube is my friend.

1 Like

I did it for about 4 years and then my ex was an absolute glutton who couldn’t go without meat so I caved. Now it’s more convenient to just be agreeable and eat meat but if my current girlfriend would stop eating meat I’d give it up no problem.

When I lived in NC there was a chain called ‘chopt’ that did a decent job on Salads. I would go there at least one a week when i got lazy. Weirdly there isn’t a similar alternative near me now but i’m sure many exists.

I go through a grotesque amount of Arugula and tomatoes a week.

Pro tip is to get your Tahini game on. It would be unheard of to go Vegan without getting a daily dosage of Tahini based sauce.

2 Likes

Maybe I can get @Bro to post about this. She was a vegetarian living in The Tenderloin.

Raising your own food on an organic farm is probably greener than anything anyone else is doing. (unless maybe you count installing thousands and thousands of solar panels :) ) As far as animal suffering goes - your killing them, but it’s nothing like the factory farm torture.

3 Likes

Best ME food? The Israeli who I have eaten out with the most says Lebanese.

Yeah, mainly cos it means I’m too poor to fly anywhere/consume useless shit, and have to use public transport a lot.

Uruguay, right? I gotta go. I know it’s a big carbon footprint and a fair amount of money. Maybe I can hitch a ride with some overlanders.

eta: man that’s far away

1 Like

Have suzzer drive you down, build him a solar powered RV. Bring Mrs and/or marmite. (Does that exist in USA#1?).

1 Like

i honestly don’t think present days state borders actually create a cuisine. Aleppo cuisine is some of the best I had, but I’m sure it’s not identical to other Syrian food. I also never been to Lebanon or Syria for obvious reasons.

I would go Turkey for the country with the best overall food experience.

I’ve heard of marmite, but never had it. A choice between Mrs and/or marmite seems like a weird choice.

Suzzer was just down there. He seems to want to go Europe/Africa for his next overlanding trip.

It’s same as vegemite and also inedible.

TrumpWrong.gif. Also a very important natural source of B vitamins now that we’re all going vegan.