Is there anything Biden can do now to win over progressives?

Hillary did not get crushed anywhere. Virgina is and will be super close

That’s right. All the Northern VA swing voters absolutely despise Trump. And probably aren’t too thrilled with Bernie, either. Biden/Romney, now there’s a race they’d have a tough time deciding one way or the other.

She lost pretty badly throughout the Confederacy South.

If you vote for Biden in VA, I promise to write in Bernie in CA

5 Likes

Does my vote matter in NH this time?

hokie would probably need over 1,000 people to pledge to write in Bernie in CA for that to be a fair trade for a VA Biden vote

This was originally my position, but I’ve reconsidered due to Biden’s results in the VA primary. I really believe that if VA is close, we are turbofucked

I meant anywhere she was expected to compete in/win obv

It wont hurt but will likely go blue.

In terms of legislation that might be passed to make long term change, Bernie would be hamstrung by congress anyway as Democrats do not fall in line like Republicans. I just do not see much difference between the two in terms of what would be accomplished legislatively.

Bernie would be >> Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trump in terms of the courts and executive policies, which is an obvious reason that anyone who actually cares about progressive causes would still vote blue. Biden will at least defer to scientists and experts in their field rather than people like Besty Devos and Wilbur Ross.

And we are drawing live to Bill Barr destroying the republic in 4 years if Trump is re-elected

2 Likes

Like to see someone make this case by using some evidence. I think the theory that some Dems and some Rs fall in line, but a lot of them are just voting for what they want holds up a lot better. Look at the recent criminal reform bill where all the opposition was Republican. Are you suggesting the Republicans didn’t all want Trump’s tax cuts or something?

But yeah, lots of Democrats probably wouldn’t vote for stuff that Bernie wants.

And yet that still wasn’t enough for you, huh? Had to go and nominate Uncle Joe?

https://twitter.com/IdahoBones/status/1237724267531382785

6 Likes

If Bernie endorses Biden, why wouldn’t his supporters listen?

1 Like

Most Bernie voters will vote for Biden, but not because he tells them to. It’s not a cult.

2 Likes

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaahhhhaaahhhaaaklooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Summary

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooool

wait youre serious?

https://twitter.com/RX_Unavailable/status/1237814489514422273

15 Likes

Die

2 Likes

So we beat Trump with this senile corporate goof and then what? What’s the plan exactly? I haven’t seen anyone articulate what any of the following steps look like to undo any of this shit. That’s because there fucking aren’t any.

1 Like