Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

I said it was more likely than not based on historical precedent which if I’m wrong someone correct me. My money has made zero moves today.

I think it was obvious there would be bounces, not necessarily today. I didn’t expect a bounce specifically last Monday. I’m not going to try to time every move, but the idea that the general market direction can’t be predicted is false. Especially when the most severe epidemic of my lifetime is coming barreling down on the US unchecked and the market is still responding as if a payroll tax cut is all we need to get people booking vacations again.

Then stop wasting your time posting here, start a hedge fund and become a billionaire.

1 Like

By the time funds are raised, this will have passed.

I was pretty confident I was correct but it was bugging me so here’s an article with some numbers

Steiner’s payroll tax cut will bring this under control

2 Likes

I mean, no shit? The stock market generally goes up. It’s like saying the Patriots are more likely to win off a loss under Belichick or something.

Wut. I’m saying that it goes up the day after a bloodbath more often than not and posted an article supporting that. That’s the only argument I’m making.

The bounce is starting to fizzle.

Or it’s like saying the Patriots are more likely to win coming off of a loss, then realizing that they lost last game because Brady and Gronk were injured, then realizing after the first quarter that maybe losing their top players is the relevant factor in play.

Again, if you can predict the market in the short term you are an absolute moron posting it here.

Start a thread, post your predictions for a year, see how it goes.

You have absolutely no idea where markets are going and neither does anyone else.

7 Likes

Yeah recall bias is in play here.

And we’re in the red.

Strawmen everywhere ITT, obviously literally not one person on Earth, including those making the markets, can predict the markets. But the educated guesses ITT thread are as good as those being made by those being made by “professionals” being paid millions based on the reasoning put forth by each side IMO, which yes, I and others are intelligent enough to read ourselves and evaluate.

Up 900 to down 150 today.

Thisisfinedog.jpg

Yukon-fb01

2 Likes

I saw the huge bounce plus swong into negative by noon coming. I just didn’t post because I try to be humble.

4 Likes

I meant to share my strategy of buying SPXL at close yesterday and selling right after opening this morning with you peasants but I got distracted, sorry.

Distracted by all those hot chicks in the hot tub, eh?

2 Likes

I’m calling it - the dead cat bounced so high it’s doing a secondary bounce now. SELL EVERYTHING WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TIME FOR GOSAKE PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME