Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

One of the interesting phenomena, is that these stocks aren’t coming down. GME might, but TSLA definitely hasn’t. People buy for memes, and then hold it forever. It’s bizzare.

imo large investors tailed retail today and forced the squeeze even more, there are/were some enormous buys coming through on option flow and doubt many retail people have millions to throw at 0dte options

Lol I’m in a meme stonk (AMC). Great.

now here goes BlackBerry (BB)

AMC up 25% holy hell

Guess WSB just rolling GME gains into other shorted stocks?

SEC plz

Weirdly, AMC seems to be dragging Cinemark up with it a bit.

The following was posted the other day from a 65 year old, Italian, conservative at my poker room. He claims he voted for Trump reluctantly both times, and he gets incensed when we laugh at his calling himself a “moderate,” which he claims is accurate since he is pro-cannabis, knows the Catholic Church is corrupt, and is not anti-abortion.

I think he fancies himself as some wise old nonno who holds court and should be respected for reasons, even when he posts clearly false means. Here is his stock market hot take:

Simple advise to those in the stock market. Don’t overthink things and don’t get risky. If you invested 50 grand each in FB and APPL six years ago today, and did nothing for 6 years, you would have $517,650 today…Pretty damn impressive for what I consider a low risk investment.

Yeah good point. That’ll happen too - lots of long only institutional asset managers with “momentum” strategies will be jumping on, ratcheting the vicious cycle even more.

I was just thinking… this is going to get seriously close to becoming insider trading.

Where is the insider trading coming in?

It’s a laugh now until we discover that Elon purchased every gamestop to be used as a mini subassembly/coffee shop.

6 Likes

Question for the smart guys on here - if they can meme GME to 1500% gain - how much can they meme AMC to? IE - I assume AMC has a lot more shares outstanding? Also the price is initially higher which means more $$$. And any other variables I’m missing.

Basically I’m looking for an exit price. For sure it’s absolute max of 10x from here - which would equal AMC’s high in 2018. But it probably should be a lot lower I’m thinking.

Also they look bored with AMC already. So I probably won’t have to worry about it. In non-meme world my exit price is 2x from here - the high back in Feb.

1 Like

“ Short-seller Citron Research has been vocal about the stock, saying buyers at these elevated levels are “the suckers at this poker game,” according to a Tuesday tweet. Citron said GameStop will fall back to $20 a share “fast.”

On Friday, Citron said it would not be commenting on GameStop any longer because of attacks from the “angry mob” that owns the stock.

The stock is up more than 250% in 2021 after a 209% rally last year.”

https://twitter.com/ParikPatelCFA/status/1352694839842889731

the amazing thing, is nothing in here is satire This is actually what is happening.

9 Likes

financial advisers, you’ve done well this year your portfolio is up X%, keep at it if you’re lucky you’ll be able to retire someday

the dumbest person you know–I put my life savings in gamestop because of a video from tiktok (or a reddit post) and now I’m a millionaire

2 Likes

SFIX squeeze now

Just squeezing every short

Not really sure how meme’d AMC is tbh right now. They began reopening several theatres in the Chicago area today under the govt approval with more expected to open by the end of the month.

If I personally owned it based on your size I’d be looking to get out of it around $8 but who knows what could happen until then.

Do Gamestop stores even exist? Don’t think I’ve gone to a physical store to buy a game in ten years.

Yeah that was the original plan and will probably stay the plan. I just didn’t want to get out at $8 and watch it go to $35.

I do think there will be a euphoria period where people will be packing movie houses for a while as soon as they can. I hope to ride that wave a bit.

I do not feel the same about malls, which are already open now and are just in slow perpetual decline imo.

There is something awesome about a bunch of idiots in dorm rooms and basements wrecking hedge funds Robinhooding meme stocks.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l2x7he/gme_yolo_update_jan_22_2021

HE’S STILL HOLDING

6 Likes