Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

Allow me to translate:

We are operating in brazen defiance of a host of federal and international KYC/AML regulations, and our business will inevitably be shut down by the Department of the Treasury. Until then, our senior management has determined that we can earn substantial profits for them and our shareholders by engaging in these illegal activities using funds obtained from our creditors.

4 Likes

I have a question about some Fidelity mutual funds I’ve had for many years. The funds have a lot of capital gains distributions most years resulting in a lot of taxes each year. Is there any mechanism of converting these to a lower tax investment without taking a huge capital gain?

But if BTC only goes up 4.5% the might not eat your principal. So you win!

I know everyone trashes BofA on here but this is one good reason to have them - branches everywhere.

Also for me it’s the easy monthly transfers to my Dad. But we’ve had that discussion.

1 Like

Yeah but lol at thinking your fiat money “bank” is any more secure. Good luck with that when the great reckoning comes (snicker, sneer)

I nominate the banker to raise the money.

I don’t think so. Owning them in a retirement account helps with the tax problem, but I assume if that solution would work, then you wouldn’t be asking

VTCLX looks pretty good if you want a tax managed equity fund:

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/vtclx

I don’t think there is any way to get out of your existing investment without paying capital gains tax.

ETFs should be more tax efficient but I’m not sure you can swap to them at Fidelity without paying gains. With vanguard they’re essentially just another share class of the same fund so you can do a tax free swap from what I understand.

You may be able to move within Fidelity mutual funds as an exchange without incurring taxes but you’d need to call them to find out.

As a blunt accounting once said, “You made your money, now pay your taxes.”

This should change (i.e., won’t be limited to Vanguard). Apparently Vanguard had some sort of proprietary system that allowed their mutual funds to be just as tax efficient as their ETFs. The patent on that has either recently expired or will expire soon.

None of this will actually help zaah1 with his problem.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, they’re not in a retirement account. That’s interesting about the Vanguard patent, though.

Gamestop and Blackberry ripping today. Pretty amazing watching the entire WBS community hit winning lotto tickets together.

AMC mooning too for whatever reason.

lol I just went over there

That means GME should be at least $500/share.

for a declining business that doesn’t make a dime. Gl with that. but I guess in this market who the hell knows since reality is if all of them are constantly buying gamestop, it goes up because that’s how it works

the shitposters on PI are doing it wrong if you can get 100k+ doing it

They have a game day thread just for GME.

I’m investing asap.

Ive been browsing WSB for about a year now for entertainment. I decided to have some fun and throw 500 bucks in the Roth into a couple of their “Meme” stocks that seemed like it would be fun to follow along with. Both are up over 100% from when I purchased. Almost put 500 into BB last week too but decided I was being silly and 2 fun sweats was enough.

Getting tough to not want to gamble it up bigger on whatever they choose next.

1 Like

It’s not just WSB. Tik Tok and Twitter pumps are a real thing. It’s terrifying. I saw a Tik Tok post about how “Stocks only go up! And me and my boyfriend make easy money! We buy low and sell whne it goes up! We live off this! Look our account went from $250 to $20k in one month!”

Yea the grift is strong here. I’ve heard of people selling options “coaching” because they hit a lotto ticket multi-bagger and now think they’re hot shit. This is gonna be ugly when it crashes, whenever that is. Until then… long live the memes I guess :slight_smile:

It’s obvious we are in a massive bubble. It isn’t obvious at all how it pops to me.

1 Like