Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

Use Coinbase PRO and the fees are .5%, normal Coinbase is a ripoff.

1 Like

so um apparently WSB was right for once about this gamestop short squeeze?

Up 40% in the first 40 minutes including 22->27 in the last 5 minutes

I journeyed over there yesterday and read a surprisingly decent analysis of Melvin Capital’s GME position and how they’d have to close a lot of shorts this week and next. I even went and looked at some 1/22 calls to see what they were trading at. The $39 calls I was looking at for shits and giggles were like 7c yesterday and are now trading well over a dollar. Damn.

https://v.redd.it/8on21tyk44b61

Cramer “reddit is in control”

wild

1 Like

I’m really curious what GME YOLO dude’s next update will look like. Fucking crazy. Gonna be like $4-5M.

GME 1/15 30c are up like 9,000%

up to 32

Looking at some GME gains posts where people are up 5,000% and they posted 25 minutes ago

GME up $5 since they posted

Not even mad or jealous just astonished

39c are now 5.8

Holy fucking shit it’s still going. I have serious FOMO right now haha.

If I had just bought when it was only up 40% when I first posted I would have 4xed on calls

Can’t believe it hit 38

Maybe running out of steam though here?

Seems like the squeeze is over. I bet it ends the day below $25.

I think the squeeze is far from over. The short interest is huge and the HFs are stubborn as fuck. They’ll bleed out eventually and I’m sure the whales on WSB who were in for 4m+ are profit taking some at least.

Like they added Ryan Cohen and two other Chewy guys to the board… those guys made pet food a billion dollar company.

Just my 2c and I don’t hold a position because I did not think those boomers would ever take Cohen’s advice.

So this kind of thing is basically just what the investment trusts did in the 20s - before they were outlawed - right?

1 Like

Looks like i have a wallet with a non-trivial amount of BTC in it. Multibit Classic still opens and shows it to me, but I’ll probably have to look for a password to reimport the wallet.

1. should i create a new wallet with written down passphrase and transfer the coin there?
  2. should i use Electum? i’m assuming it’s legit.
  3. I have withdrawn a bunch through Coinbase a couple years back. I still have that account. Is it still considered a good way to withdraw?
  4. What do I do with tax implications?

I bought two physical doge coins as a joke a while back. I don’t actually own two doge coins do I?

afaik, some physical btc coins had some numeric thing on them corresponding to a btc, which still didn’t mean anything. no idea about your doge, but probably not.

There are no tax implications from moving from wallet to wallet. Only when you convert from one currency to another.

Withdraw from Coinbase is super easy.

I can’t speak to the wallets other than BE CAREFUL. Especially in downloading any sort of updates or going to any websites. Check everything multiple times to make sure you aren’t at a spoofed website or downloading a spoofed wallet update.

1 Like

I keep my crypto on this thing, it’s easy and secure. Buddy has the Bluetooth version and likes it

1 Like

Ledger has had multiple security breaches of personal info, including a new one today. Personally, I use Trezor and would recommend it.

1 Like

Yeah I saw. I mean it doesn’t matter for me the only thing breached was shipping addresses, phone numbers, and emails. The one I bought didn’t go to my home address and the email is an email that has no personal identifying info. I don’t think any payment info was breached but either way I used a visa gift card to buy it. Also I don’t think anything has been compromised as far as the device security.

But most people I know with coins have recommended Trezor to me as well