Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

The one thing that makes me happy about all of these Softbank plays being so hilariously awful is that the person really losing the money is MBS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/k8n3io/1m_from_460_video_so_the_haters_among_you_dont

1 Like

I mean they basically “sold” it for $2.2B in equity, and I think they still get to use it if Aurora gets there. But they also bought another $400M in equity for cash.

I do think being first to the rideshare game and establishing brand recognition gets them a decent chunk of the market for a long time, but these valuations seem way beyond that.

The price went up again! $36 billion valuation.

Two years ago the company was valued at $1.4 billion.

It is not profitable and never has been.

Insanity.

https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/status/1336417757743771650?s=20

ROBINHOOD IPO LOL

This has to be the top

5 Likes

It certainly feels like one doesn’t it?

UPDATE: Door Dash valuation went up another $3 billion today, up to $39 billion.

They can subsidize a lot of pizza with $39 billion.

2 Likes

Both these IPOs are tomorrow right?

Oh wtf. This is going to open at like 10x asking price and infinitely moon. It’s the meme stock to end all meme stocks.

Also - if y’all like TSLA you’ll love Quantum Scape! They’re the company (allegedly) closest to solid state battery technology and will have no revenue until 2025. I think the fully diluted MC is pushing $25 or $30 bln now.

Goldman employees are ruthless enough to extract every possible dollar of profit for themselves in compensation, rather than letting it flow to shareholders.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WSJbusiness/status/1336351601813049344

TSLA went up today off this news they are about to sell 5 billion worth of shares

STONKS

They should be issuing stock to buy other automakers, they could purchase Honda, GM and Ford for like 25% of their current market cap.

So these IPO’s tomorrow, they start being listed and traded right at the opening bell, right?

I’m considering putting about 1% of my IRA into each of AirBNB and Door Dash and selling in the afternoon. Seems like the vast majority of these tech IPOs this year have just been rocketing upward the first day for no good reason.

I think it’s hard to get your hands on those shares until they initially moon a bunch higher than at IPO. Someone smarter than me can say why but I think the shares are issued to certain insider type folks first and you can’t have em at that price.

Right, I won’t be able to get them at the IPO price that the companies set, but I can buy them at 9:30:01am from those people at the market rate. But they’re going to keep mooning, I think.

It has always blown my mind that companies / founders are willing to just let investment banks intentionally lowball the price. I guess it makes sense because insiders only really care about the price they sell at, which is the post-moon price, but its a huge disservice to the company.

1 Like

Well for starters, I’m sure they’re getting something out of it too - like they’re probably getting those discounted shares in other companies IPOs left and right. So they kind of screw their shareholders a little bit, and the general public quite a bit, but they’re getting taken care of elsewhere.

Plus from a PR standpoint, I think they all want to see a big bump on the first day of trading when it’s in the news.

I feel like I had to wait for some hours/until the afternoon before I could buy some lolUBER but I dunno if this is normal. Good luck!

1 Like