Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

You get oil delivered?

Yes me and just about everybody else in New England that doesn’t have natural gas piped in their area.

Ah

No need to binge watch Netflix or use zoom anymore if you got the vaccine!

Stonks beginning to not Stonks

Huh, is this Biden’s Green New Deal is supposed to mean?

They’re just saving for some more STONKS tomorrow. Never lose your faith in STONKS. STONKS abides. STONKS is with us always.

2 Likes

Lol I blocked that out from my time living in NE. Those companies are awful.

I thought about selling some of my FXE so I can jump on stuff like Carnival that’s still way underwater.

But I think I’m just going to stay the course with 30% of my portfolio in Euros. It’s going to be a long dark winter.

Realistically when do you think cruises will be back up and running in the US? Worldwide? It still has to be something like 9-12 months right? Page the narrator for me but I could also see Covid permanently changing some % of people’s appetite for cruises.

It’s one of those situations where they probably either go bankrupt or you make a bunch of money though.

Everyone I know who cruises is just itching to get back to it. They can’t wait.

Oh I totally get that. They were never ever at risk of losing the diehard customer. It’s like a religion to them.

Also diehard cruisers have to be like 90% deplorable which is obviously a plus for the cruise lines.

I missed some STONKS because I sold holdings in my company stock plan last week to pay for a bathroom reno. These are the kinds of hardships I have to deal with. Please pray for me.

I guess I don’t have any idea how big a part of their business casual cruise people are. But I don’t know anyone who casually goes on a cruise every few years but I know many people who go on like two or more.

The market punishing gun companies is capitalism I can accept.

2 Likes

Cruise people seem to be willing to risk their lives for cruises. The pent up demand should be pretty big.

Ya I agree with you there. I guess I just wonder when we actually really get back to “normal”? If that isn’t fairly soon don’t businesses like Carnival eventually burn through all of their cash and credit lines? I don’t think it is a lock at all that cruise lines and airlines survive without some bankruptcies filed in 2021. It’s a high risk/high reward type investment because if they do survive they are probably worth more eventually than they are right now.

a very NOT STONKS final 30 mins.

Ok, sold half my FXE. Fidelity takes forever to clear that shit so I have a few days to see if Carnival dips and think about what I might buy.

Oil stonks still singing in the rain.