Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

If we’ve learned anything, it is that STONKS are very, very bad at predicting political outcomes and influences.

2 Likes

Markets crushing last thirty mins at similar rate to Trump’s odds falling (per betfair from +164 to +200)

1 Like

could also have a bullish stonk situation if Trump gets re-elected

So the market thinks we have a clear winner? Or otherwise what the fuck is going on with futures?

This seems like the absolute worst case scenario stonks wise: contested election and then from January onwards a completely obstructionist senate

Interesting aside that Tech stock futures are absolutely crushing it.

Stonks are pretty happy with the current state of affairs. This election ensures no effective change for the next decade or so.

Stonks moved down recently every time it became unclear if we would have a decisive winner (no matter the winner) and up every time it looked like we would have an uncontested winner (no matter the winner). That’s the confusing thing to me right now. And my only read is that Stonks think Biden will be a decisive winner and it won’t get dragged out long.

Will Mitch agree to a couple trillion dollars in exchange for his precious liability shield?

I doubt it.

If we have the executive they can have the liability shield. It’s all 100% the federal governments fault if we’re being honest with ourselves. People suing businesses for not shutting down when that wasn’t a financial option for them doesn’t even sit right with me on 11/4/2020. I only wanted the threat of a lawsuit to exist so that they might show SOME restraint and care about safety a little bit. Us having the executive makes that a lot less important.

Mooning

Mitch retains Senate, RIP stimulus, STONKS!

RIP removing tax cuts, RIP regulation. STONKSSSSSSSSS

And my green energy play cratered today in spite of Biden being the fave. Confirmed STONKS.

Fairly amusing that this article gets right what is happening and completely wrong what the effect of it has on Wall Street (early days disclaimer of course).

Lol seriously this was the absolutely perfect outcome for plutocrats. At this point if Mitch had his hand on the scale it would be in pa for Biden if he wasn’t already winning it.

I mean we already long ago determined Wall Street doesn’t know jack fucking shit about politics and assume Mitch will work in good faith and pass stimulus. I mean of course he will do whats good for the country, right?

Then again they might pass some stimulus that’ll be brutally in favor of corporations. Like 200 a week extra on unemployment + a 500 billion for corporations and a liability shield. Who knows if dems will go for it, they will probably be desperate for any help.

Nasdaq could very well hit ATH end of week. Just goes to show no government is the best government for Wall Street. And they drag the rest of the world along with them (aus markets at post-covid high after election).

The market is Drunk.

Rapid covid spread = good
Divided Government = good
No new taxes = good
Cant ever recall seeing the market move up this much this fast when we clearly have lots of challenges ahead.

What’s crazy is its not just the US.
Its the entire world. Europe and Asia as well

1 Like

STONKS

Wasn’t a second covid wave pretty much expected? I would assume the market new that as well?

The market wants a divided Government.