Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

Tim Apple drilling to the center of the earth and APPL is like 87% of the S&P 500.

1 Like

Some are saying that Amazon is down because of investor disappointment over Amazon’s forecast for operating income in the 4Q.

It’s also a bit of “buy the rumor, sell the news,” when a company often or is expected to beat earnings.

Why are they drilling? They beat earnings and had good revenue. No Q4 guidance = everyone assumes bad?

They didn’t beat earnings enough apparently.

2 Likes

It’s also 100k Covid cases a day and a likely economic catastrophe coming.

USA! USA! USA!

So they finally figured out what we knew in February? Those Wall Street guys are sharp I tell ya!

3 Likes

They’re all going to get $100,000+ bonuses because of the stimulus this year. Everyone else gets a few hundred dollars now and then, if Congress gets around to it.

:thinking:

1 Like

I think wall street knew it. I dont think MAGA and WSB knew it and i think market makers bled them dry in the options markets especially the last two months.

They bled me dry too but I am an idiot. I don’t think we break 3000 ever again. I’m liquidating it all win lose or draw in November.

1 Like

You think the USA stock market is perma-collapsing?

Inshallah

3 Likes

No. I don’t think it will ever be below 3000 again. If i made that hard to understand I’ve been drinking all day.

2 Likes

I think that will probably happen someday, could be soon. You can’t sustain this multi-generational ponzi scheme forever. I’m just hoping it happens when I’m dead or close to it.

Ah ok. I think we’re going below 3,000 (or close) in the next few months, then stonksing super hard.

I think there’s ways out for “the stock market”. Like a Biden win followed by huge stimulus of some kind. And Biden is business friendly but more thoughtful than Republicans - something like a huge stimulus for a green transformation of the economy is conceivable, and many companies will make out like bandits in that scenario.

1 Like

Payroll costs will be way down with 5m dead from covid!

2 Likes

Nah let’s just perma boom it but tax them appropriately and use it for healthcare and stronger unemployment and require a $15/hr living wage and like employee rights and shit even if their employees aren’t in the US.

1 Like

You guys told me STONKS were forward looking. The top STONKS are very sensitive to disposable income. Of course they did great from May-August disposable income soared. That is what I didn’t get at the time. Now disposable income is collapsing until we get more stimulus. And we aren’t getting new stimulus for at least 3 months.

1 Like

I am sympathetic to this view, but another possibility is a significant shift in the composition of the market. Major zombie companies in the index can go extinct without totally killing the stock market. About 5% of the S&P 500 turns over every year. An administration that is pro business but wants at least a progressive halo could subsidize a bunch of “green” growth companies to replace failing enterprises like airlines.

CNBC in desperation mode: