Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

Damn you suck at STONKS

Yeah looking at VTI’s returns over the last 3 years I’m trying to figure out how that’s possible. Guess it’s overweighting small caps a bit and a 30% foreign stonk allocation. Oh well.

TIL irrational exuberance only applies to the market as a whole, and not darling stonks with nearly $2T market caps and P/Es of 150.

Well, who gives a shit about those stocks? Don’t buy them.

Yes why discuss anything that happens in the financial world in the stonks thread? Why even have a message board? Why is there something instead of nothing?

I thought that was Louis CK. Cramer too?

Sorry, I can’t tell the difference.

2 Likes

Gingerist!

Wow I didn’t expect you to show up on this small forum to defend yourself.

Gingerism is one of the last remaining socially acceptable prejudices, let us enjoy it.

1 Like

Silver is up like 30% in the last week

Given our sample size of 3 and granting that Suzzer isn’t a predator, I did some SMP math: I applied Bayesian updating to calculate the probability that a random ginger man is inherently a creep who traps women in hotel rooms.

I started with a prior distribution that reflects no preconceived bias against gingers, in fact no info whatsoever: uniform from the interval (0,1). To make it easy to compute with code, I discretized it so that the probability could be any integer % from 0 to 100.

Then factoring in the experimental results with these 3 people, after repeated application of Bayes’ Theorem and Binomial PMF the posterior distribution has a mean of p=0.6, a median of p=0.61 and a mode of p=0.68. So any random ginger man you meet has a 60% chance of being like Cramer / Louis CK. There’s a >50% chance that at least 61% of ginger men are, and there’s a 69.5% chance that at least half of ginger men are. That’s just cold hard math!

1 Like

Garbage in garbage out. Your model is useless.

2 Likes

Edit - DAMN sorry I didn’t notice the part you quoted. That quote makes it pretty freaking elite lol

You’re right, Cramer and CK are the only two gingers we have proof about, so technically it wasn’t rigorous to include Suzzer in the sample. That’s why I didn’t include my ginger friends in the sample, I don’t actually know what they do when I’m not watching.

Silverman was only off by like 10 years.

Art Garfunkel though. And Adam Savage of Mythbusters.

Tesla is blatantly cooking the books. Good god.

They claimed $450 million from sale of regulatory tax credits after reporting $100 million in the same period a year ago. Did they sell 4.5x cars? LOL no they sold less. GTFO

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why this isn’t a bigger story? It seems obvious so what is the deal here.

Could the smash and grab job be any more obvious? They issued $40b of stock to insiders while not using their obviously inflated stock to buy other businesses. What a joke.

I don’t know about you all… but because of Corona this is the first time since college that I’ve felt alive. I have lots of silver and been waiting for something like this to happen for 15 years. The point where things get so bad that 1 silver Roosevelt dime will buy me a blowjob from a formerly well to do housewife and her 18 year old daughter at the same time. I’ve been waiting in the shadows laughing at these cuck husbands who buy their wives range rovers instead of buying silver bullion… knowing that I’ll be face ****ing their wives mouths for the 1.30$ it cost me to buy that silver dime.

Just yesterday at Whole Foods I seamlessly entered into conversation about Corona with a milf that had a ring on her finger in the water aisle… and I said this is all a cover for Trump to bring us back on a gold standard. She started looking at me in amazement like she wanted me to paint her lips in cum. At the end of the conversation I’m like “take my number, l have plenty of protection and freeze dried food if you ever need it” and she took it from me.

2 Likes