Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

I’ve only had Moe’s ones and I thought it was Qdoba level. I’ll make an effort to give it another try should the opportunity present itself. Looks like except for Cali, they’re in states I don’ t often visit, so it might be a while.

Pancheros is a better chain but I’m not sure if they’re national, I know they’re all over the Midwest. There is one by my house that is like 500 feet away from a Chipotle and the Chipotle is always way busier in my experience

In like every major city?

1 Like

It’s basically the same as Chipotle. It’s not miles and miles tastier or anything, it’s ~fine. Their carnitas IS a lot better if that’s your jam. Go at least once for their forced greeting when you open the door, it’s really disorienting and mildly amusing they make them do that in [current year].

Yeah exactly.

1 Like

I personally don’t see it as any better than investing in a morally bankrupt corporation, but maybe that’s a topic best saved for another thread.

1 Like

Never even heard of that one. That might be a harder one to try to hit. Most of my midwest travel is to Chicago, and there are plenty of better burrito places there that I am aware of.

lol pancheros is not good cmon and yes I can say that because I go to that exact one as well.

Better than Chipotle though

I always lmao at anyone who says this. Panchero’s is trash and is only in the Midwest because they’d get laughed out of every other part of the country.

3 Likes

But are they better than Taco Juan’s John’s?

2 Likes

Panchero’s was started in Iowa. They seem to have had the model of opening their initial stores in college towns which was successful for Jimmy John’s. You might want to jump on board early and invest in any fledgling chain that develops a market in multiple Big Ten campus towns because they are building brand loyalty among Midwestern fatasses who are exactly the sort to eat a lot at chain restaurants and who will go forth and multiply in other Midwestern cities.

2 Likes

Panchero’s is the Burrito Joint version of “Worst Person you know just made a great point” meme.

Basically everything there is trash.

Stephen A. Smith “HOWEVA”

The fact that their tortillas start out as dough balls and are pressed literally as you order should be copied by every burrito joint everywhere.

2 Likes

Here’s a pretty terrible burrito chain that used to have a location in midtown.

1 Like

Effen would have us believe that it’s a little better than Chipotle.

I’m assuming it was in Times Square, which is apparently where all shitty Manhattan restaurants congregate.

That’s what I get for semi-grunching. The location was in between Times Square and Macy’s. It could still be there for all I know.

The menu was too complicated, and the décor included pictures of a bunch of celebrity lookalikes. The best thing I can compare it to is a poor imitation of Q’doba.

I think there used to be a few of those in airports, where all the shitty food places go to die.

In the video I posted earlier in the thread, Michael Saylor’s reasoning for going all in on Bitcoin with his company’s money is that every other asset is so inflated that Bitcoin is the only viable alternative left.

True guess getting a little ahead of myself with that statement. Just feels pretty crazy still after being nearly broke only two years ago and spending several years grinding restaurant jobs. Cautiously optimistic that I won’t ever be financially stressed like that again, at least.

3 Likes

Appreciate the good advice. Remembering the bad times definitely keeps me focused on that growth and grateful mindset. For now my lifestyle and spending habits remain very frugal. The btc world can definitely be an echo chamber at times so I definitely appreciate discourse with people who don’t share the same opinions I do about its future.

1 Like