In appreciation of Super Eyepatch Wolf

So… thats a weird title for a thread.

And yet, this is a post I’ve wanted to make for a long time and I haven’t found a great place to put this otherwise, so it gets its own thread. And there is no better time to do it than today.

Super Eyepatch Wolf is a youtube content creator, and he makes my favorite content in media right now.

I found him… somehow. I actually don’t remember. Some wrestling thing I think. With this video “Professional Wrestling is stupid, and beautiful, and I love it.”

His retelling of The Golden Lovers saga (A wrestling storyline I had never heard of as I am a very US centric fan) was so brilliant and moving, his editing was tight, and the clips he chose to focus on complemented his storytelling perfectly.

And that was that. A great video I tried to share as often as I could. Until a few months later.

If there is one thing in media I have loved growing up more than wrestling, it is The Simpsons. Thats why seeing the title of this video from this guy filled me with such anticipation and joy.

“The Bizarre Modern Reality of The Simpsons”

Oh man, what a joy. A deep dive down a rabbit hole I was not exposed to. My first exposure to Dankmus and Simpsons Wave, something I reference quote often, and find myself listening to without realizing it.

From there, Super Eyepatch Wolf started a series of looks into internet fandoms of various properties. Sonic the Hedgehog, Undertale, fake martial arts, fake psychics and the harm they cause.

And then 4 months ago, this.

“Buying a PC with Dell: My Journey into Hell.”

Its anxiety personified. Watch that video, I implore you. I used to work as a Dell salesman. I get this shit, and its perfect.

But today I finally had to pull the trigger on this post. He released his magnum opus. An 80 minute, what can only be described as a decent into madness and a possibility of salvation on the other side.

“What the Internet did to Garfield.”

He has gotten better and better as a creator. This is one of the best things ive ever seen online. I wont spoil the ending, but the last thing he focuses on is astounding.

If you like what I posted, support him. He has a patreon with a single $1 tier. He is doing content creation right and deserves lots of love. Enjoy.

4 Likes