IMPEACHMENT CENTRAL: The Catch All For Impeachment Updates

Bolton isn’t dumb, but he literally runs at least 1 super pac that backs Republicans. He’s in a weird situation. His recent criticism of Trump is that if he is reelected his kids will push him to the left. He is a true believer bit also a true Russia hawk.

I’m still tilted by those Steve Inskeep tweets. We complain about this crap with amused detachment but it is so damaging. The media is an absolute disgrace in this country and they are responsible for a huge chunk of this nightmare.

5 Likes

NPR got the screws put to them like a decade ago by the GOP and now have to have some BS hack shit in most of their news programs.

The amount of gaslighting that goes on every day from NPR and the NYT has become infuriating. I never noticed it pre-Trump, but now it’s just absurd. They all sitting on this trove of racist-ass email screeds that Miller sends them because presumably he gives them access or whatever.

idk if this is a new thing or if it was always going on and Trump is putting a spotlight on it.

1 Like

We wouldn’t have had the Iraq War if it hadn’t been for the NYT. Never forget.

2 Likes

Like we literally have every other country with running water guaranteeing quality health care for everyone and the so-called liberal media heads to the fainting couches and publishes SO RADICAL, HOW YOU GONNA PAY.

I’m so hopeless for any meaningful progress in this country. I find it perfectly reasonable to do a reverse awval and just check out.

Compare now to 40 years ago. Progress is definitely there, but it’s slow an steady. It’s not radical, but it’s there and can be seen when you look over your shoulder. In 2030 many of today’s fights will seem minor and easily won. The conservatives fight dirty, but they fight dirty because they are against more powerful forces that cannot be denied. See, eg, the long path from 1790 to the Civil War.

2 Likes

Yea the Millennials and Z Generation will definitely take the charge on Climate Change and gun violence. The future is good even though it may be 30 years from now.

I mean, I get that, but I’m not exactly fired up about it taking the rest of my life for USA #1 to achieve incremental progress.

Sure, but if you’re a millennial another way to put this is, “We’ll finally be able to fix this gun problem just in time for our retirement.” aka “We get to keep living with mass shootings for the vast majority of our adult lives.”

2 Likes

I’ve done a tremendous amount of research where it involves looking at newspapers from the 1970s. You would be amazed at how similar things then were to how they are today.

1 Like

Well, I’m in So Cal and have seen significant change for the better. And I take so cal as a leading indicator for the nation.

Counterpoints.

1. 30 years of inaction on climate change is 45 years too late.

2. If the wealth gaps keep going up, the billionaires won’t even pretend to run a democracy any more.

2 Likes

When I was in college, I said there was one day going to be a war between the young and old in this country. At that time (and probably still today), Social Security was predicted to run out right about when I turn 65. I thought that would be a big problem.

The longer this goes on, the more likely it will be the young vs. my generation…lol. But that war I predicted between the young and old is essentially the millennials vs. boomers, and right now I’m in between that. It’s not an all out war, but it seems like it’s getting close. The boomers could solve most of the problems in this country by just dying young due to all their excesses that ruined all the fun for my generation.

Okay, boomer.

3 Likes

The GOP may think twice about a heavily armed populace when it transitions from an effective way to con idiots to a legitimate security problem for them.

I just heard something pretty incredible from Jason Johnson on horrible Brian Williams’s show. He was talking about people watching the hearings and hearsay. He made the point that all the olds watch Law & Order, so they can follow a court case and know what’s up from the teevee.

I’m going to take it one step further. These types love NCIS and the easy crime procedural shows on CBS. This case is easier than anything a TV writer could come up with. In fact, if a TV writer brought a case this simple into the writer’s room, they would probably be fired. It’s very clear, and the massive consumption of law procedural programs is going to expose the GOP’s idiocy related to ‘process’ even more than it already has been. I never thought of it in that way, but now I like it.

Never forget these GOP clowns think their voters are stupid. They depend on it. CBS depends on it. They want to give them cases they can solve easily in an hour, but not too easily. They don’t want the person to think about the case too much either. That’s the proper level of audience manipulation for CBS, and the GOP is incapable of presenting a defense that would make any sense in one of these CBS procedural law/crime shows.

They’re

:clap:

not

watching

the

testimony.

2 Likes

Yeah, chiefsplanet is ~100% not watching it because it’s “boring” or they’re pretending to not understand any of it.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1195430390925803520?s=19