IMPEACHMENT CENTRAL: The Catch All For Impeachment Updates

Legit should get fired for this

5 Likes

Steve Inskeep (@NPRinskeep) Tweeted:
In their arguments, @JonathanTurley and @RepAdamSchiff differ on some facts. For example, what did the Founders mean by “bribery”?

Who knows what “bribery” even means?

https://twitter.com/NPRinskeep/status/1194990597595115520

I mean really, impeaching somebody because they broke the law for less than two weeks? Reprehensible.

2 Likes

Dear Steve Inskeep,

Fuck you, you are an absolute disgrace to your profession. You imagine yourself to be a high minded voice of reason, you’re in fact a dumb fuck loser whose dereliction of duty directly contributes to this horror show of an administration being able to ruin people’s lives by, for example, putting 5 year olds in cages after separating them from their parents. I hope you feel 1/10th of the pain you’re enabling some day.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/1194983405315862529?s=21

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1194977673426210816?s=19

This is what needs to be pounded into the minds of anybody on the fence. He withheld aid until Zelensky went on CNN and said 3 words into the microphone - Clinton, Biden and investigations.

3 Likes

Relevance? I mean what’s next? Trump nudes? No one would dare get so off topic.

I regret that I have but like to give this post.

Trump didn’t want “investigations”, he wanted public announcements about investigations.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1194826909156335616?s=19

https://twitter.com/jpaceDC/status/1195021456557707265?s=19

I’m sure every spy in the Eastern hemisphere heard it too, considering it was on a fucking cell and he was talking loud enough for other people not on the damn phone to hear the conversation on the other end.

But her emails…

1 Like

I mean, yeah, that’s the basic story, but the GOP has already ‘rebutted’ that by saying that Zelenskyy didn’t do that. Their entire framing yesterday was ‘the Ukrainians didn’t know the aid was withheld, the aid was released, Zelenskyy didn’t go to a microphone, Zelenskyy said he didn’t feel pressure, investigations weren’t done, no quid pro quo’. You know that framing is bullshit, they know that framing is bullshit, but they’re banking on the dumb American public either not tuning in or not knowing that’s bullshit.

The only reason they released the aid when they did was because the scandal was about to break, and if it had broken while that aid was withheld it would have been much worse for them (for now, it could have been better). It’s also very important to note that Zelenskyy was going to do an interview with CNN I think on the 13th. So even scheduling the interview was probably enough to get it released with all the other factors on the ground. Zelenskyy’s NSA was uncomfortable when asked by Taylor on the 13th to confirm Zelenskyy would not do the interview (Taylor had also asked this on the 12th after the aid had been released). Danyliuk ultimately confirmed that Zelenskyy would not do the interview.

The ICIG probably felt that when he told the committees that a WB complaint hadn’t been turned over that it would practically immediately be turned over once discovered. Lucky for Trump he was wrong. My guess is that the ICIG discovered during his investigation that the aid was being withheld and that was why he felt it was his duty to tell the committees himself nearly 2 weeks after the investigation was completed, and the complaint and letter were ready to be turned over to the committees. His goal was likely to get them to apply pressure to get it released. That, in fact, was the reason why the complaint was deemed ‘urgent’ and ‘credible’.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1195062572787130368?s=19

How much would you bet the Republicans in Congress all knew about that and it’s why they’ve been focusing so hard on the “How can it be a crime if the President failed?” angle?

1 Like

Mr Bolton is at the heart of it I believe, with him resigning a week after the aid was released I’d say it was his priority to get the aid out and get out ASAP and not have his name dragged into it anymore as he knows how it was going.

And saved Trump because Zelensky was going to announce the prepared statement (after all he had no choice and tried to wriggle out of it) and the Whistle-blower complaint to Congress was the last straw for Mr Bolton.

1 Like

John Bolton’s face turn is one of the weirdest parts of all of this, I thought for sure that guy was just around to get his war with Iran.

1 Like

I think all of the GOP senators who haven’t commented on this have purposely tuned out since oh right around September 24 when Nancy announced the formal inquiry. They don’t know anything, because they refuse to know anything. I doubt any of them have read the call summary, and they certainly haven’t followed any of the rest of it. I think Linzie said he hadn’t read the call summary, and he refuses to read any of the depositions.

They’re going with plausible deniability thinking the trial will be a sham. McConnell suggests the trial won’t be a sham. Whether we can believe him is the question.

Your timeline is off. He resigned the day before the aid was released. He resigned the day after the ICIG told the committees about an unreleased WB complaint. He resigned the day the House IC requested the complaint. I’d be surprised if he weren’t showed that WB complaint when he found out about it, and that + the aid not being released was what caused him to leave. I think he told them as a ‘suggestion’ that they better release that aid ASAP if they knew what was good for them on his way out.

1 Like

He hasn’t turned, or he would have testified without being compelled. He’s just as evil as he’s ever been, and is still a complete coward when it comes to doing the right thing.

1 Like

Opps sorry about that…

1 Like

After Bolton testifies, Trump is gonna start a war with Iran and leave Bolton out of it just to piss him off.

3 Likes