Immigration - Open Borders

That fly is as dead as a Trump brain cell. If it has living descendants they are between 13 and 26 generations removed from the fly that laid claim to Pence’s head so long ago.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/adam_wola/status/1553896891112460288?s=20&t=0zevrNhmYTH7B2feULeqHQ

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not too distracting that this one case is particularly ridiculous. The police/BP/ICE/etc lying here is certainly totally standard. There are thousands and thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of these lies every year.

Second comment on that tweet

https://twitter.com/Alyssapolendo/status/1554199271322312704

I think that tweet gave me social media brain

3 Likes

You couldn’t be more right

https://twitter.com/itscaitlinhd/status/1556306591506374657?s=20&t=et6gwFtve6NGOwi1vyUXyQ

For too long, an overworked and underequipped border-police force has been left to determine crucial social, economic, and humanitarian policy. It should be no surprise that this police force reached for the most ready tool at its disposal: harsher punishments.

BS. They are overequipped. It’s no surprise because harsher punishment is what most of them want. Stupid apologizing for border patrol. Stupid liberal thinks more money, training, and equipment for cops is the answer.

4 Likes

Border Patrol agents embraced the model too, finally feeling empowered after decades of impotence.

Reads like the author is terrified of offending cops. Sometimes it seems like that’s literally the problem. No one wants to publicly and not anonymously say anything that might offend cops out of fear, which does make sense.

SUPPORT THE STORMTROOPS!

Not sure if this is the immigration thread, but I don’t really get this statement:

Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin has joined a growing chorus of state Democrats who are criticizing Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for sending buses of undocumented migrants to Chicago and other major American cities, calling the act “cruel and inhumane.”

Why does Durbin want them to stay in Texas?

Busloads of undocumented migrants are going to cause at least a short-term drain on any municipality, assuming most of them have little to no money and no contacts in the city they’re being brought to.

I voted for biden in 2020 so im not a great candidate here but i’d possibly vote rep if you had a shittier dem and trump wasn’t running. I think the left is mostly correct on general social issues and abortion and such as well as a lot of other issues and I think many of those topics aren’t really even worthy to have a discussion on for obv reasons.

I do think there is some credible conversations to be had regarding economic policy issues like trade and certain regulations and discussions about inflation and such.

I also think arguing with lefties about a complete unregulated border policy or abolishing prisons is just as idiotic as lefties arguing about a woman’s reproductive rights with right wingers but it’s those discussions on both ends that always take precedence which really fucks things up imo.

1 Like

This is the tiniest sliver of the “left” if you think people like Obama or Harris or even Bernie are part of the left.

The most extreme, force a raped 10 year old to carry through with a pregnancy view, is totally common among elected Republican officials - less common than with Republican voters, but still common enough in both.

2 Likes

Wait, have you ever tried this? I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone ever actually try this

Are most people in favor of open borders right or left libertarians?

“Open borders” sounds like a typical conservative ploy to define a position without doing any work. Border policy is complicated and it has been a while since we’ve seen anyone who can discuss complicated conservative policies without eventually using the N word…

Pure guess here, but I’d say left.

I don’t know and couldn’t find anything. I think it’s probably close, but maybe the fight over immigration since Trump has pushed more people on the left towards open borders as it’s been both polarizing and made people think about it and not just accept that what they have been used to must be what is right. I think this forum would poll probably close to 50/50 now, but the same people in 2014 much more for liberalizing, but not opening the border. Just a thought though and not very sure.