If Trump becomes President again, are you moving?

Because I think I am. Thoughts and plans?

1 Like

Likely. I assume it would take a few months for interest rates to go back down and salaries to double, but at that point I will probably buy a bigger apartment.

14 Likes

like, out of the country? nah. hopefully somewhere without snow tho!

It’s not unreasonable if you can make it work. Although I think that in the next 5 years or so it’ll be hard to avoid fascism no matter where you go. Even boring old Canada is full of Trumpy derpers.

No.

Im old white guy. Moving won’t change anything and I’ll be relatively safe ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Lmao

2 Likes

No.

It’s not that easy economically to move to another country, to say nothing of the fact that almost all of my friends and family are in the area.

2 Likes

Already have! It has significant downsides, especially if you are close to your family. The upside is not being in America.

4 Likes

Nah. Not now that I’m rich

I’m moving in with beetle.

5 Likes

no

@Riverman Where are you moving to? What kind of visa are you getting? How are you making money? Is your employer cool with it or are you self employed? Do you have school aged children?

If you would move anyway, it doesn’t count.

2 Likes

No, I’m staying put in Thailand.

2 Likes

Riverman has said he won’t vote for Biden (or was it Democrats entirely?)

Now he has said he’s leaving USA

These things are not contradictory when you realize that he believes that the USA reflects poorly on Riverman, and he believes that voting Biden makes Riverman look bad

No.

Bye!

I was able to pull off a great career opportunity last time for a temporary international assignment but that’s probably not gonna be in the cards again. Now I got kids in school, one with special needs, and a good job and low interest rate mortgage and all of that would make it much tougher to uproot and bring a lot more uncertainty and insecurity to my family’s future. So probably not going to have plans but I would be on the lookout for the right opportunities that somehow fits everything we need

1 Like

Hmm, we have an office in Vancouver, wonder how much the company would help facilitate a move…

1 Like

if serious, start early. everyone will have the same idea on nov 6

1 Like