I resign

This is not true.

Feels more like a referendum on MEb’s actions.

Clovis seems to be taking the results a bit hard and may have quit as a mod because the vote is so close.

Ultimately, this is what I wanted. I know you disagree with my methods, and I’m sorry for that because I value your opinion highly.

But I want us to either agree that mods have the power to do this, or create rules that limit those powers.

I still find it amazing that after about 1,000 RFCs and polls and votes there are still no rules for mods. WTF have y’all been voting on, best Doritos flavour?

3 Likes

I think the RFC process is the problem. If I remain as mod, I am going to suggest we have a constitutional convention of sorts to finally answer any open questions for the forum.

My plan would be:

1. Establish rules for who qualifies as a voter for the purpose of creating forum rules.
  2. Anyone from this group of posters may pose any question that they believe needs rules clarification from the forum and we have a simple up/down vote amongst the group to create that rule or lack of rule going forward.

So they never said it?

No one ever pushes for a formal vote because they just like arguing.

1 Like

A forum full of pedants that argue with people on the internet as a hobby and are embroiled in years-long (decades?) blood feuds can’t come up with a rigid set of formal rules that everyone can agree upon???

12 Likes

They never said they would reverse the bans that I was very publicly campaigning on until after they were made mods. Even after they were made mods, there was nothing clear about this from them prior to me making the bans. This included them being given a full day advance warning of the fact that I had trimmed the list down from the original four to two and neither of them raising an issue with that change.

Nothing was said by them against the bans the day of until after goreo posted publicly against the bans.

A significant part of the forum seemed to want to avoid formal rules, maybe because they drank too much of the finger-waggling occupy Kool-aid.

You’re misrepresenting the mod chat here. You said that you were going to ban churchill, jalfrezi, CaffeineNeeded, and possibly jbro. Yuv said he would reverse the bans for churchill and jalfrezi if CaffeineNeeded was unbanned. You later said that you had decided not to ban CaffeineNeeded. Yuv did not respond to this, and his actions yesterday were in line with what he said he would do in the mod chat. Just because you issue an ultimatum doesn’t mean that others agree.

I was responding to a post claiming clovis and yuv campaigned on reversing my bans which is laughably false.

Someone changed the tread title so that the question being voted on was not clear. I edited the OP to add the question above the poll.

LMFAO

He campaigned on banning a select group of “trouble makers” from both sides. The only person he actually named was CN. He then actually banned two users from one side. THE MOST HONEST MOD EVER.

If you want to know why I voted for him, you can go read the posts where I spell it out very clearly.

Welcome to UP, MrsGeef!

It was a short lived welcome.

I really don’t get why this needs to be so disingenuous, meb.

The aftermath is very clear - a vote to keep meb means every mod is allowed to both perma ban every user but further more allowed to nuke any account if another mode overrule them.

As i mentioned multiple times, Meb started off as what should have been a way to showcase the problematic nature of the aforementioned status. Meb is now in the Andy Kaufman stage of this routine.

Up to you guys of course.

2 Likes

Honestly, I saw the potential for this coming, which is why I pushed for a moratorium on permabans, a vote which seems to be going down to a lopsided loss. Anyone who voted against that and now wants to de-mod MEb has only themselves to blame.

People always said NBZ was a visionary.

1 Like

Quite the notch in meb’s belt to be the one who finally kills this place.

1 Like