I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Always believed in the Dancing Bear Yabusele.

I love watching weightlifting. Always been one of my favourite events going back to the 90s and Pocket Hercules (still an all-time great nickname).

Hockey gold medal match is kicking off. Don’t know shit about this game, but some German defender just made an insane mid-air goalline clearance with his stick.

What is and isn’t a foul / attempted drowning in Water Polo vexes me.

1 Like

From what I can tell, defenders are constantly attempting illegal shit, it just comes down to what the ref actually happens to see.

Australia getting all the power plays while Flava Flav’s girls are getting mauled.

Wow. Dominant Botswana.

2 Likes

Not a fan of the US commentators saying how exhausted Lyles was, how he emptied the tank doing the double, etc. Tebogo ran the double as well.

1 Like

AUS-USA Water Polo going to a shootout.

Well, he did test positive for COVID two days ago.

Steve Kerr: ruh roh?

I didn’t realize that. They didn’t even mention it after the race, until they sent it back to Tirico in studio and he seemed to be saying something about it, although I couldn’t hear the audio.

Jesus Christ Sydney

If she had anchored the 4x400 mixed she could’ve gone over 5 hurdles and still hung on to the lead.

What an obliteration of the field. Amazing the side by side they were showing the other night how her 400m hurdles speed would be competitive against the regular 400m competitors (who don’t jump over hurdles).

1 Like

LOL USA#195

We’re a track/swimming nation. Noone even watches/plays basketball anymore.

2 Likes

The Weightlifting competitions are amazing.

Chinese guy just had a 10kg lead after the snatch and failed all 3 attempts at the Clean and Jerk. Probably went from being like -1000 to Gold Medal after Round 1 to out of the medals.

if Anthony Edwards won’t stop gambling, staple him to the bench.