I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Men’s 10,000m was wild. The winner was half a lap down at one point, then just shows up in the lead at the end like, “sup, bro?”

1 Like

I need to watch this

Canadian commentators were brutal, insulting the gold medal guy saying he had been lapped and should be getting out of the way.

lol wat, sounds like very clueless commentators. Cheptegei was in the group of 13 that ran together the entire second half of the race, and was never in danger of being distanced by the others.

she got that post ass-whoopin’ clarity ahahaha

watched every second. i was pleasantly surprised by the american, he was like 5th going into the final lap and the top 3 were moving. almost tripped/stepped out of bounds a couple laps earlier too :+1:t3:

took the announcers like 2 minutes to realize he was 3rd and not 2nd, i thought it was pretty obvious

This is pretty insane

How often are WRs broken in qualifying heats? Feels like that would be rare but this is a relatively young event?

Relevant to earlier discussion of metal counts:

https://twitter.com/davidshor/status/1819534667457966189

https://x.com/barneyflames/status/1819535175405261123?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

sounds about right to me :man_shrugging:t3:

lol making a video of the Olympics protected for viewing by country.

My guess is that NBC only has the rights to the US market

1 Like

This

Its why I used to be an honourary Canadian in 2008 and 2012 for better online access of events.

Speaking of Canada, great job beating Spain. You the real MVPs

I am watching events all over the place. No idea what constitutes a scoring action in judo. Replayed the golden score of the German against the Brazilian several times still dont see how that is a score. Didnt look like much.

the air pistol memes are gonna just keep rolling

4 Likes

Pretty exciting. I didn’t even know mixed relay was a thing.

1 Like

Do you have to run M/F/M/F? Would be a really unique watch if they didn’t all do that. I think swimming has these mixed relays now, and I feel like I recall them not all going in same gender order, which made it interesting.

I assume for swimming there’s a stroke order advantage in the Mixed Medley where it makes sense to have the female swimmers do certain strokes where the gap between men and women is smaller

3 Likes

Israel won its first Gold of the olympics today in windsurfing. Also two silvers today (another in windsurfing and one in gymnastics). Already the most medals we ever won in a single olympic.

Also today i’ve learnt that windsurfing is a very hard sport to follow on TV.

2 Likes

2 Likes