Home improvement

"Some properties in the area may have a hidden plumbing issue that the owners are completely unaware of. The culprit is polybutylene (PB) pipes, which were used for plumbing purposes between the years of 1975 and 1978 until it was discovered that they become brittle and cracked over time, so they were subsequently outlawed.

However, the properties that were built during that timeframe may still have PB pipes as a component of their plumbing system. It is only a matter of time until they fail and crack and cause a major leak, which could damage your home or business and cost you a significant amount of money. Have a professional plumber like those on staff at Apollo Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning come out and see if you have PB pipes and are at risk."

1 Like

marketing. if you have the money and are so inclined replace the poly

You still post at cp? I got nuked lmao naturally, but it was fun. Made a new account. Alpha shemale was the 1st and a great success!

And they manufacturer adapters specifically for the slight difference in diameter os. I have them in my truck, so the polybutylene is workable and cuttable lol

I read it occasionally to see what the derpers are outraged about this week, but I’m done posting.

No point in posting anything of substance, and just trolling them was getting old.

1 Like

Love it

I don’t need it either

lol just did a job for my buddies at te chinese buffet. they’re closed on Mondays. so i got in there to add a high pressure hot water like handheld sprayer thing, and half flooded the kitchen, but knocked it out a half hour later. they showed up somehow :vince1: and started squeegeeing. I’d kicked over a bucket in frustration.

give me a lightbulb and make sure it’s bright

2 Likes

Dont expect climate will be a huge issue when it comes to wood in socal. Its never humid enough for that to be a problem, I guess unless you are right on the coast. You may have to worry about sun bleaching, but a good stain should help prevent that

They dont normally put cause of death in the in memoriam segments, right?

1 Like

Maybe one of you will know because this is hard to google. We have a shower head that is removable and usable in handheld mode. So there is an entire base piece that screws into the outpipe from the wall, and from that base piece a hose that connects to the removeable shower head which clips magnetically to the base piece. About two weeks ago, the hose that leads from the base piece started shaking and the pressure dropped. Any time we usd the shower regardless of whether the head is attached to the base piece with magnets or in handheld mode, the hose piece shakes and pulses. There isnt any shaking in the pipes behind the shower wall, just in the hose.

Any idea what the hell? When I try google I am only getting back results for pipes in the wall shaking

Take it apart and check the filter screens. Stuff can block the water causing a loss in pressure.

As a new home owner, I’m perusing deals across many sites this week as they all race to the bottom for my money…

Anyway, I was looking for an adapter to setup the existing garage door opener to the smart home system. There is one one sale, with an extra $5 coupon. NICE! I am checking to verify if it works with the model of door opener I have. Can’t find it on the list of over 3000 models, damn! Well, let me google this model by itself… Turns out the opener already has wifi built in and I just had to figure out how to enable it. Saved $40 and at least an hour of time.

2 Likes

Quick question:

I have a ceiling light fixture that takes a single bulb, horizontally, with some kind of barrier directly above the bulb. It looks like there’s a layer of metal-looking stuff between the bulb and a bunch of insulation, and that there are holes (maybe burnt?) in the metal-looking stuff. Should I be concerned?

Looks fine to me, but I’m just an internet moron.

No. Those holes are for the mounting screws.

3 Likes

Does anyone have strong opinions re: flooring, particularly vinyl planks? We’ve got a dog and a couple cats and feel pretty set on vinyl. We were recommended Floor and Decor by a contractor but upon reading online it seems like experiences with their products are mixed so I’ve opened up my search to look at other stores (Lowes / HD, Costco, etc). I don’t want to go super fancy but would pay a bit more for quality, maybe up to $5/sf or so. We’re planning to do everything (incl kitchen and bathrooms) but have also considered tile in the bathrooms.

I have an irrational hatred of vinyl. I think solely because it’s so prominent in bottom tier “luxury” branded renos and new builds.

I have a dog with hardwood floors and skid proof area rugs covering >50% off the areas he might walk on. My only concern is for his health and he’s doing fine. The exposed wood gets scratched but I don’t care.

Vinyl is objectively a great choice for floors. Much better for pets I’m sure, both for them to walk on and for cleanup. It feels good on your feet. My opinion is in the minority, everyone else seems to love vinyl. I have no specific brand recommendations.

1 Like

Tbh I like the idea of hardwood, and it’s easy enough to sand scratches down afaik. But idk if we can afford that - the cheapest that I’ve seen is around the top of our budget

I’m a contractor and would just say get a vinyl floor that gets good reviews and is in the 2-3 sf range. I built my house and put a 1sf product in it. Tiled my bathrooms. Don’t put hardwood or vinyl in bath. Floors to me have kind of become like paint. The floor my wife picked out and had to have is terrible imo. I said Whatver I’ll just replace it with something in x amount of years when the new fad is in.