Home improvement

Weird electrical problem.

I have a lot of recessed lights. And all the fixtures have LED bulbs. A few days ago a single light out of a group started to flicker a little. It was out of the way and not that annoying. My first instinct was to change the bulb, but I don’t have any. So I just told myself, I’ll buy some later and deal with it. Still haven’t gotten around to it.

Today, that single light stopped flickering and another single light in the kitchen started flickering. This light is part of a different set of lights (different switch, and I’m pretty sure it’s on a completely different circuit on the electrical panel).

What the fuck is going on?

Is it on a dimmer switch? Non dimmable LEDs can do that even if the dimmer is on high. Sometimes LEDs just flicker and it’s a bulb issue. Otherwise it could be a voltage issue to that bulb. I have no idea what made it jump from one light to another. Its probably a coincidence and both bulbs are just shitty.

First one not on a dimmer. Second one is.

I guess I’ll get some new bulbs and try that first. Just seems really weird.

You can always shuffle the bulbs around and see if the flicker stays with the bulb or the socket.

you added (or took out) a chimney, also?

Drilling in brick isn’t to bad if you are using a masonry drill bit.

1 Like

Drilling in the brick is ideal than use a sleeve anchor for fastening make sure to use the proper size drill for the size of anchor.

2 Likes

Drill into the brick itself using a masonry bit and ideally a hammer drill. Cordless drill will likely work, but will take longer. Use plastic anchors, and you’re good to go. Try to drill into the center of the brick which is where you will get the strongest hold.

2 Likes

Omg we’re getting close

11 Likes

What’s the story of that reversed scallop edge on the cabinets to the left of the fridge?

The house is 70 years old and these are the original cabinets. Removed the scalloped detail where the fridge went. Would have preferred to remove all of it, but it wasn’t feasible.

Seeing the longer line of it above the sink suggests maybe there’s a repeating pattern to it? I’ve never seen one that changes like that. It’s usually very uniform.

∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩∩

It’s a message in morse code.

2 Likes

No clue. We ripped the one above the sink down too. The detailing on the cabinets is basically built into the bottom so it’s harder to maintain strength / integrity if cut it out.

Not really home improvement but thought I post it here anyways. Put up a new fence a couple of summers ago and gave most of the cut offs to the neighbor said he would like them for birdhouses well lo and behold he came over the other night and gave me one.

Well got it up tonight and think it is totally AWESOME!! am I right.

17 Likes

that’s sick

2 Likes

I’ve got some cast-off marble if he’s in a creative mood

1 Like

nice work, Sparky

@JohnnyTruant does the line dedicated to the outside spigot branch off from the main waterline, prior to the PRV (pressure reducing valve) that we identified last go 'round?

awesome! did you recently buy a cordless drill with hammer function for the drilling?

I’d complain, but what I did on a ladder today was a lot worse.

1 Like