History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

Collar status: popped

1 Like

Does he just have 100 of the same style 22 shirt or does he wear the same one everyday?

Probably boxes of them in the garage next to boxes of every book he ever published.

3 Likes

@NotBruceZ Would you give me permission to re-post some of your reviews of the book on 2+2, without attribution (or with, if you prefer?), under my own name? I’ve kinda got myself into a little contretemps, basically saying Mason is a useless editor and that I have evidence.

Honestly he is only semi-popped.

Do what you want. You should be free to quote anything you find on the internet.

Thanks.

Ait, y’all, hold my beer…

How about in a book? Like, say:

Proofreading 101: A Gambler’s Perspective

Much of what follows is from the Internet.

2 Likes

@BestOf

1 Like

It’s not? Admittedly I haven’t read it, but the impression I got from this thread was that applying the concept of EV to historical situations was exactly what the book was about?

1 Like

Kind of amazed he hasn’t deleted you already.

Freeze peach, yo.

Nah, I strategically poisoned that well in OP when I said “I fully expect to be banned for this”. Now he will look petty and stupid if he does it.

Some might say I took a calculated risk, or a “gamble”.

I think the premise is to make money republishing Wikipedia.

5 Likes

Do they really intend to make money? It seems more like a vanity project, like “behold my insight, I’m so smart I can write a whole book in a field where I am a total novice!”

I’ll still ship to whoever wants mine

Ha ha you think that will stop him?

Guess we’ll find out. Not sure how much further I can push my luck tbh.

1 Like

Bless you for being unwilling or unable to restrain yourself :popcorn:

1 Like

7 Likes