History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

It’s NBZ’s main 2p2 account.

3 Likes

It’s also his main source of income

This all sounds correct.

I actually have very little idea of what Mason’s book said (haven’t read) or Gladwell said (didn’t watch). I just have the second hand accounts from NBZ/Jmakin and someone who gave a once sentence summary of the Gladwell video (which I only saw because someone linked to it on 22).

Also strong agree that Gladwell has got some problems with presenting facts that he just learned himself. The best example is “igon value” which will never be topped.

Haha I was gonna post the Igon values but pulled back because I didn’t want to look like I was killing the guy.

It’s actually worth watching if only for his weird histrionics. He’s even more fraudulent than I thought before I saw the video. Having thought about it some more, the gigantism angle is crazy pills. Based on the actual text, the dude was like NBA tall and not too fleet of foot. The number of really tall people that exist who do not have gigantism is nearly all of them. The rest is FPS. Gladwell wants us to believe Goliath was an accomplished warrior at close quarters while being nearly blind with snail-like agility and two left feet. Like, my dude, that isn’t how fighting works. If he was really that bad off, some quick swordsman would have surgically removed his balls and served them as Swedish meatballs tartare in under one minute.

1 Like

The thing I can’t get past is that a non-religious person somehow thinks that Old Testament legends are implicitly historical facts and an actual fucking professor of history who does this for a living co-signs all of this.

2 Likes

LOL in real life.

Snap call that bluff.

I was going to add “I even have a suggestion for where you might be able to get it published”, but I thought that might be pushing my luck a bit.

1 Like

One time I was playing black chip no limit single draw as part of a mix. Mike raises to 3bb or so, and the VIP in the bb calls.

Draws are 1/pat. VIP leads out 7bb and Mike instantly jams for like 35. VIP is thinking which is not his style. Mike says you know what, I’ll help you out and shows a 9. VIP immediately calls with 96 and scoops, lol

1 Like

You know AC Slater is leveling, right?

Well, only from what you wrote on the topic in that thread and the LC thread I think.

Can you come to this China thread? I’m getting a bit out of my depth on the climate change stuff.

I was going to watch that but then realized that it would be a gambling event and decided to fold pre.

3 Likes

I’ll allow it.

13 Likes

I’m dying

1 Like

Lol anyone who read this book would never describe it as a good read. The guy clearly didn’t read it.

1 Like

God, watching him I feel even worse for making fun of it. He’s in clear cognitive decline.

1 Like

2:40? Fuck that.

2 Likes

If ever there was a time for you to reconsider doing yoo toobz

I didn’t sit through hour-long ACer videos. There is no way I am going to listen to Mason Malmuth drone on for almost three hours, but if someone can generate a transcript with some sort of speech recognition software, I will read it.