Hearthstone

This is a thread for hearthstone discussion because I don’t want to clog up the video games thread.

Just went from diamond 10 to legend with this list, at about a 60% winrate. I conceded at mulligan to warlocks because that matchup is frustrating and borderline unwinnable.

The alexstraza is my innovation, it’s way better than illucia in the deck and gives you surprise reach that people never expect from priests. If anyone wants some tips with the deck I’m happy to give some. It was a blast playing priest again.

Spell Priest

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

2x (0) Raise Dead

2x (1) Draconic Studies

2x (1) Holy Smite

2x (1) Renew

2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)

2x (2) Insight

2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver

1x (2) Shadow Word: Death

2x (2) Wandmaker

2x (3) Apotheosis

2x (3) Hysteria

2x (3) Palm Reading

2x (3) Venomous Scorpid

1x (4) Blademaster Samuro

1x (4) Xyrella

1x (7) Soul Mirror

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer

AAECAafDAwbIvgP76APU7QOwigS0igTBnwQMk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D/tED4t4D+98D+OMDlugDnusDhZ8EAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

3 Likes

Subscribed. Congrats on legend again, particularly with Priest. I don’t have the time to climb very high, but Hearthstone is really the only game I play anymore. I’ll try-hard if I find a fun deck to climb with, but I mostly meme-climb now.

Dust cost?

I usually hit legend. especially since they changed it to 3x stars per rank. This is my first time with priest in a long time, maybe ever. It was doubly fun because priest’s global winrate is 43% right now.

It probably takes 50 or so games to get a feel for the deck but it’s unstoppable against aggro, and very good against most other things. It struggles in control mirrors but with smart discovers and dragon generation you can do ok. Warlock is literally a zero % matchup.

I think 7000-8000

Hearthstone is pretty fun. I’ve played a lot in past seasons.

I wish they would do something to make the stakes feel higher. In-client tournaments, or a leader board that qualified you for events, or something like this. I know I should just play and have fun, but I like at least having the illusion of working toward some goal like MTG’s pro tour, etc.

It does have that. It used to be if you placed top 200 at the end of a season you earn points towards the tour. It’s a little different now I think - I finished #44 in NA in november. Got my screenname published on their website and everything. Remember being disappointed at what I was gonna get (don’t think it counted for anything).

Needless to say achieving those ranks is… difficult.

Battlegrounds is fun, for sure. Good job whoever came up with that.

And now there’s duels mode, which is sort of like a progressive draft but tbh is kind of frustrating, and classic mode. It’s gonna be around for a long time. The new team they got after that ben brode left listens to the community feedback a lot more.

Yeah, fair enough. There is technically a leaderboard, but not really for most players, even very good ones.

streaming now

I found the bones of this deck on hearthpwn but made tons of changes. It’s hands down the most fun meme-deck I’ve ever played and while this rank is no big deal I’ve climbed to Gold 2 just using it. The gist is you want Sir Finley in your hand asap. Then you want to get the hunter hero power so you’ll likely need to drop several Finleys until you find it. In the meantime you’ve been stalling with secrets and freeze so you pop off a few wildfires to make the hero power -4 damage to enemy hero (3 usually works fine and sometimes 2 can, too.) Throw down Bran and a Reckless Apprentice and laugh as your opponent figures out wtf you did.

1 Like