GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Hamas’ ultimate goal is the elimination of Israel. And it has been just that from their inception.

In my opinion:

Hamas should surrender immediately if they really care about the lives they supposedly care about. Hamas started this terrible war. The blood is on THEIR hands.

What a new and refreshing take that has never been put forward before.

3 Likes

Newsflash, Hamas doesnt care. That doesnt mean we need to cheer on ethnic cleansing.

2 Likes

Saw this analogy not too long ago. Lets say an older and younger brother get desert, younger brother gets less and gets mad and says to older brother “I’m gonna kill you.” He then hits older brother with a big stick.

Should the older brother be justified in anhilating younger brother with his fists because he is bigger and stronger?

I for one appreciate the refreshing pro-Hamas attitude taken by the Free Pal crew. No half measures.

I feel like analogies just make things less clear here. We have here a powerful, nuclear-armed state who thought they could use Hamas to prevent a Palestinian state, got owned and are now engaging in collective punishment because that is their military doctrine.

Since we’re in a domestic politics thread here, I’ll say that you are out of your mind if you’re considering voting for Biden imo. I would be more likely to vote for Trump. I am absolutely deadly serious about that. What is the point of democracy if a massive majority of Democratic voters wanting a ceasefire means nothing? What is the point of empire if you cant crack the whip on vassal states when enough is enough?

1 Like

This is nothing new. The US government has held higher tolerances for militancy, pro war, and pro genocide than its citizenry for a while now. Throwing out democracy voting in an unfit madman just piles on the -EV

2 Likes

What do you think Trump is going to do about this? We were very lucky the first time round that he didn’t have many excuses to send troops someplace. I don’t know if we’ll get that lucky in a second term.

1 Like

Heard from my mom the other day that we’re fighting two new wars currently, thanks to Joe Biden. my response was “where” lol

Warning, the psychos have a new bugbear because they don’t understand satire.

in the moment, i’d accept a couple revenge shots.

weeks/months later, tossing a grenade into his bedroom while he sleeps?

I don’t even get what I’m suppose to be watching, like literally.

This is a right wing movie parodying political correctness? It seems like right wingers on the internet thinks it’s a real movie, made by Hollywood liberals?

Its real. The director worked on Jordan Klepper’s show

Biden loses in 2024 if he moves any further to the left on Israel.

1 Like

Trump wins. He expands the Muslim ban. He starts deporting college students who go to Palestinian rallies. Israel gets more aggressive with Trump’s instance that they stop being so nice. How does that make things any better? How does that move Democrats to the left of their current positions?

4 Likes

Or maybe Trump wins and finds a way to expand the conflict into a US / Israel vs Iran war.

Or maybe Trump wins and we have the exact same policy in Israel but also abandon Ukraine and do everything possible to undermine NATO and Putin invade Moldova.

The “I would be more likely to vote from Trump” take is just horrible.

7 Likes

But it’s worth really thinking about how/why people have it imo. My theory is that it’s an utter failure at understanding how EV works. The misapprehension that we split eights in blackjack or defend the big blind with K3s against a button steal because these are profitable things to do, rather than the real reason that they are less neg EV than NOT doing so

There is no other way to explain why someone who shouldn’t garner 5% of the popular vote gets close to ~50% from a presumably intelligent electorate (that I can think of)

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

I think ChrisV is a poster I often disagree and have run ins with, but I wouldn’t call him unintelligent. You can not be good at rational decision making without being dumb. There are just too many people willing to vote Trump for that not to be true