GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

I like Rolling Stone’s lede

Pitching itself as a financial institution that allowed one to be “free to celebrate your love of God and country without fear of cancellation,”

Too late

Founder and CEO Toby Neugebauer pitched plans to offer gun owners discounts on home insurance, credit cards made of shell casing material, and assistance paying legal bills if customers shot someone in self-defense.

How is Rittenhouse somehow not involved in this venture?

What in fuck is “woke banking” supposed to be? Low interest for kids with danger hair? I didn’t know the liberal arts SJWs were running the banking industry these days.

After a 2018 mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead, JPMorgan Chase, America’s largest bank, publicly distanced itself from the firearms industry. Its chief financial officer reassured the media that the bank’s relationships with gunmakers “have come down significantly and are pretty limited”.

That was then. This past September, a new Texas law went into effect that bans state agencies from working with any firm that “discriminates” against companies or individuals in the gun industry.

Texas’s new pro-gun industry law requires banks and other professional service firms submit written affirmations to the Texas attorney general that they comply with it.

In addition to what @WAR posted, they are also big mad that certain banks are reducing their investments in fossil fuel projects (or leaving that market entirely)

They probably also dislike the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and some of the things some banks have done to try to remedy past discrimination in terms of redlining and offering worse financial products to POC.

1 Like

“You like the free market”

10 Likes

Anarcho-capitalists are silently weeping.

Fuck that. I want to hear their wails of anguish.

1 Like

I believe you call it “banking”.

Isn’t this law itself discriminatory by awarding special rights to some companies but not others? Is this constitutional or only performative?

buries the lede imo. when they say “all-out assault,” they are actually beside themselves at the double speak. paxton goes in with a press conference, while armed paramilitary goes in the front entrances.

Texas is so tucked up.

Two pro wrestlers developed ‘The Progressive Liberal’ to be the bad guy at matches. Then the atmosphere turned far darker

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dondatimes/status/1594952298379231233?s=20&t=h0BdoQAdXJBIJN3QH7jc2w

:leolol:

2 Likes

So apparently he was worth $1.8 billion in the first half of 2022, and is now worth about $400 million. LMAO that’s amazing. I guess it included deals he had already signed that hadn’t all paid out yet and he got completely dropped Supposedly the Adidas deal was worth a total of $1.5 billion and he lost a bunch of that.

Apparently he’s going to be completely broke soon.

1 Like

4 Likes

"I went from being a multi billionaire to not being able to use my ApplePay "

Is that why he’s only able to afford a phone with a camera from 2007?

1 Like

What a scumbag this guy is

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1595105873969688576?s=46&t=a0iZ2XDZnznxxkO0mW9UIg

Sorry,which guy?

1 Like

After this month’s midterm elections brought defeat for many Trump-backed candidates, even some election deniers conceded their races. It suggested at least some were ready to move past Trump’s refusal to accept his 2020 loss and the mob of supporters he incited who violently stormed the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

But in the mountain towns of Appalachia, that rhetoric has had a lasting effect, Harnsberger said, even among fans who know wrestling is entertainment.

“The crowd has taken on a more violent approach towards me,” said Harnsberger, who plays the Progressive Liberal in the ring. “I had rocks thrown at me. A lady pulled out a lighter, tried to light my trunks on fire while they are on me. And had someone else pull out a switchblade.”

Apparently they didn’t get the memo to take Trump seriously but not literally.

yeah that was not actually an interesting read.