GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1745944405884690600?t=4udK-KkMKY96gfEJitwlJg&s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1745991768229724372

Not like that!

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

As always, I’m happy to point out how you have no actual principles and are bullshitting us all.

1 Like

If a tree falls in the forest?

trying to find this new documentary about stone online.

My fundamental principle with respect to virtually any institution is that “Big is Bad.”*

Both political parties believe that “Big is Good”, which is why America suffers from Perpetual Debt, The Military-Industrial Complex (Perpetual War/Crony Capitalism//BigOil), the Medical-Industrial Complex (AMA/BigPharma), etc.

In short, the Federal government is far more oppressive than State government. If I don’t like the policies of California that are unlikely to be changed anytime soon, I can move to Nevada or wherever. If I don’t like a Federal policy, my choices are to accept it or move to another country.

That’s why I take seriously the idea of “innumerated powers” in the U.S. Constitution.

It’s a cliche perhaps, I prefer the “Think Globally, Act Locally” approach.

Hope that helps to explain where I’m coming from.

*This includes corporations, churches, schools, etc…

addendum: a dumb law in Los Angeles can typically only mess up Los Angeles, a dumb law in California can typically only mess up California, but a dumb Federal law can mess up the whole country.

The above is just ridiculous. (In my humble opinion, of course)

It’s actually the Federal government that is the most oppressive, and it’s not even close (again, in my humble opinion).

You’re a liar.

(Which I literally proved in a post of mine above.)

Uh huh. What are your thoughts on what the laws about abortion should be in our country?

Just ignore this person

4 Likes

The problem with the ignore function is I see 3 new posts in a thread and they’re all hidden and then I click on a new thread I follow, read all those and I see 3 new posts and click on the same thread again. Maybe we can create a filler bot that auto posts after he does so it doesn’t show unread posts when he’s the last poster?

3 Likes

Given that it seems to me that UP is mostly a support group/safe space for disgruntled liberals, I heartily endorse this message!

I think this is a superb idea.

I’d like to see abortion outlawed everywhere.

As a practical matter, I suspect it should be an issue settled by each state as they see fit.

Right. You’re absolutely full of shit and don’t apply your stated principles.

Why do you lie so much?

And how come you didn’t quote the second sentence in my post?

“As a practical matter, I suspect it should be an issue settled by each state as they see fit.”

I do not now, nor have I ever, opposed the existence of the federal government or federal laws.

I tend toward libertarianism (“libertarian-lite”); I’m not an anarchist.

In any event, thank you for sharing! I look forward to continuing this discussion. (would help the discussion imo if you’d stop lying, but I guess lying is part of your schtick)

He’s not happy to do what he stated? Seems happy.

I suspect you don’t know the meaning of the word “lying”.

New thread