Good guys with guns and robot dogs: The police?

Ive been noticing this a lot too. There was a post from a mother frustrated that her severely autistic teen was being bullied in school. The scholars on Nextdoor’s suggestion? Arm the severely autistic kid, obviously.

Just absolute insanity. And then they have the balls to talk about how lefties are controlled by fear. Fucking excuse me?

If everyone is armed, everyone will have to be nice to each other. This is guaranteed to work, and there are no possible side-effects.

Just tell them that George Soros has a plan to buy AR-15s for every leftist who wants one.

And no one ever made a “good guys with guns” argument ever again.

2 Likes

Yeah he was tactically so much better than them, just picking them off on the street over a period of time when they knew he was out there shooting cops, and he was just walking around on the street. Not like a sniper position or something.

They took the unprecedented course of strapping a bomb to a robot designed to defuse bombs. Sent the robot to him, and remotely detonated the bomb, killing him.

And presumably the robot, too

That whole thing was weird for me. I was living in downtown Dallas then, right next to a police station and close enough to see the area where most of the action took place.

Sweet

The victim is described as a professional poker player.

He said the magic words, its lucky that none of these protestors died.

https://twitter.com/MichelleLhooq/status/1695952716915450301

Seems like some cops got irked that a rule that restrooms were only for paying customers was applied to them.

https://medium.com/@DollopCoffeeCo/for-those-of-you-following-and-interested-in-hurricane-restroom-id-like-to-share-the-events-that-7528c591759

3 Likes

Man those replies are disgusting.

How does anyone stay on Twitter anymore? Fucking right-wing hellscape.

30% of the population wants the entire world to be a right wing hellscape.

This reminds me I finally got my Bluesky invite. I need to check it out

Marsy’s law, first passed in California and copied in other states, protects the privacy of crime victims. Cops are using it to hide their names when they shoot someone, claiming to be victims themselves.

The latest examples of this troubling trend are from Wisconsin and Ohio. In Wisconsin, the identity of a police officer who shot a suicidal man at the end of June has been withheld, even from court records, thanks to its Marsy’s Law. In Ohio, the Columbus police department is withholding the names of the officers involved in four separate fatal shootings in July and August, citing its Marsy’s Law. In one instance, the Columbus police are refusing to release the names of all eight officers involved in a shootout on a highway that left one person dead.

Incredibly, officers in states with Marsy’s Laws have claimed to be victims even when the other person involved in an incident did nothing to harm them. For example, police in Florida cited the provision in refusing to release the name of the officer who chased and tried to pull over a 13-year-old boy riding a dirt bike. The boy crashed and died. It’s nonsense for the pursuing officer to claim he is the “victim” in that scenario. But this type of claim is common. According to one investigation, “Officers sustained no injuries in at least half of the incidents for which they claimed victims’ rights.”

2 Likes

I know this forum is dead but this has been pretty big news.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1700509136352366837

2 Likes

I have a suspicion that Lieu will win the argument over whether this is constitutional, as decided by the Supreme Court.

He’ll win it but why the fuck is he making it?

2 Likes

There’s not much to Coffee City, Texas. Two liquor stores, a couple of dollar stores, a pizza joint and a motel. But this town, which is three hours north of Houston, has quite a reputation among those who drive through.

The city limit sign on the side of State Highway 155 reads “POP 249.” In a town of barely 250 residents, there are 50 full-time and reserve officers in the department. That is five times the number of cops than any town its size, according to Texas Commission on Law Enforcement records.

Coffee City’s budget shows the town collected more than $1 million in court fines last year. That came from more than 5,100 citations officers wrote, the most in the state for a town its size according to the Texas Office of Court Administration.

But there is more to this story than a small town writing a bunch of speeding tickets. KHOU 11 Investigates discovered Coffee City is a magnet for troubled cops. More than half of the department’s 50 officers had been suspended, demoted, terminated or dishonorably discharged from their previous law enforcement jobs, according to personnel files obtained through open records requests to other law enforcement agencies.

1 Like