Good guys with guns and robot dogs: The police?

maybe but cops flip the fuck out when you deviate from the exact precise thing they wanted you to do, even if they expect you to be a mindreader to do it.

late last year I got in a side swipe on the freeway after traffic went from 60 to 0 instantly in front of me, I decided to change lanes quickly and risk the lady behind swiping me at 90 mph than a brutal head on collision. she didnt manage to take any evasive action and side swiped me and did some superficial paint damage and knocked my driver side mirror off.

so, CHP shows up an hour later takes the report. I had been on the golf course and had exactly one beer 4 hours previous which I knew in my head was fine, but I also technically have a record (minor), which makes cops act super sketchy around you too, and they always make me nervous. my uncle’s taught me some ways to deal with it better but i still fuck up when dealing with them sometimes.

anyway, right off the bat the dude doesnt like me and it’s obvious. he tells us to pull out back into 80 mph+ traffic, go to the offramp, and gave some weird directions about how to park near some embankment down there.

i’m not kidding when i say it’s like rush hour and traffics whizzing 80 mph 3 feet to my left. i’m like, uh, you want me to do this without a mirror? can you put your lights on and lead us out? nope, of course he wouldnt.

nearly killed myself and got in a worse accident pulling out, couldnt see at all what he was talking about and realized i probably missed the place to park, so at the next light i found a parking lot and pulled in there.

he was fucking HEATED. I only ended up 100 yards from where he wanted me to go, but he pulls up super aggressively behind me, puts the lights on full blast, gets out of the car really fast and approaches me with his fucking hand near his gun like this is a sketchy traffic stop and is like “DID YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND ME?”

lots of no sirs, sorry sir, I apologize sir, etc with my hands nailed firmly to the wheel in plain sight before he calmed down. these guys are just wired to be aggro. i didnt even commit any kind of crime at all and it definitely felt like a dangerous encounter to me. it’s worse if you’re black but you’re not totally safe if you’re white either.

I read his report and he completely lied about my speed and the other lady’s, and my insurance nearly doubled, but I figured it was better to just eat the injustice rather than try to raise hell about it, those guys suck so bad.

I have had guns drawn on me once, and one incident with coincidentally another CHP officer where he got in my face really bad over absolutely nothing.

5 Likes

There is a really interesting Audit the Audit about this very thing. Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is; real fucking gross. He PITs a pregnant woman who doesn’t immediately pull over because she is in a location she doesn’t know with a narrow shoulder and wants to get to a safe area. You can see she passes a sign at one point that says she is a mile from the next exit

Pretty sure this is the same Arkansas police force that was in the video upstream of the three cops beating the shit out of the guy outside a store.

“Why didn’t you stop”

“I didn’t feel like it was safe”

“Well, this is where you ended up then.”

Fuck these guys, All of them. Fucking lecturing a pregnant woman who is upside down in a car that HE intentionally crashed.

What a fucker.

Cops got the word that most people think they’re racist. So they’re balancing their range now.

3 Likes

In 2018 he was convicted of “disarming a police officer”.

1 Like

he played that really bravely and so well. antagonizing them just enough to get them to do something stupid like arrest a beloved old pastor watering his neighbors lawn, lol.

“later charging him with obstructing government operations”

About 95 times out of 100, when cops dont know the fucking law on Audit the audit, they go with this “obstructing” or “disturbing the peace” nonsense.

Just like this one below.

Question for the lawbros related to above.

If this guy gets an attorney and files a suit against the police, can he actually get any damages out of this?

Seems like a freeroll for the police. Harass everyone, but eventually let the ones off who know you’re full of shit.

City pays. Police pay nothing - so yeah, they don’t care.

Yeah, I get that the individual cops don’t GAF.

But how much is even the best attorney gonna get out of the city in that spot?

Yes, he can probably get some damages - not going to be much though as the actual harm was limited. Most likely city would settle for some small amount as trial more expensive.

Any chance you could be more specific and put a number or range on it?

I don’t have that level of experience. It’s always going to depend on the jury and whatever laws in the state on damages (e.g. is there a cap for emotional distress, etc.)

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1567523639335047176?s=46&t=PSvbFMRsxZgS0RS4ngqs3g

10 Likes

Rosado said the verbal encounter that led to Martin’s arrest was along the lines of, “I’m willing to die for the Black, are you willing to die for the blue? This is just a job for you. This is my life.

Got her 4 years in prison, 48 months of her life taken as well as the most formative years for the baby she is carrying.

https://twitter.com/allisonsherry/status/1569677103523835905

2 Likes

JFC

When you’re a hammer…