GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

The Wire would still lose.

2 Likes

Why do you think I want them fighting? lol

1 Like

Dragnet potentially beating Hitchcock isn’t a matchup issue, it’s a taste issue.

1 Like

They’re both too good to go down right now. That’s all I’m saying.

I’m just ready to lock it in for potential wagering.

1 Like

WKRP is IN

I also saved the Brady Bunch with a video with more views (3.5M).

I nominate Highlander for a play-in, as it’s currently OUT.

Family Matters, with 913k views, is currently OUT (and it’s one where the show is much better than the theme song, imo).

1 Like

Disagree on the parenthetical. Let’s go ahead and double the view count.

2 Likes

Ty!! This theme song is amazing. True fans will recall that the show actually started with a different theme song, but it was so slow that they changed it by episode 5.

The show’s original theme was Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World”; it was scrapped after the fifth episode of season one (“Straight A’s”), though it was heard only in the pilot episode in syndicated reruns. The second theme, “As Days Go By”, written by Jesse Frederick, Bennett Salvay and Scott Roeme and performed by Frederick, was the theme for the majority of the series until 1995. The sixth season’s opening credits was last used in the season seven episodes “Talk’s Cheap” and “Fa La La La Laagghh”, the only two episodes during the final three seasons to feature the theme song (this was heard in season one episodes in ABC Family and syndicated airings). A longer version of “As Days Go By” was used during the first three seasons, though in syndicated reruns the short version is heard (in ABC Family airings, the long theme was used for all of the episodes during the first three seasons).

In addition to having one of the coolest names I’d heard of, Reginald VelJohnson has to be pretty high up on the list of wishcast surrogate sitcom dads.

1 Like

Nominating Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. It’s added to the spreadsheet.

6 Likes

When you need help
Just call

He still seems like such a sweet man. If I recall, he never had children, and so he really took to being a father figure for so many of us.

I’ll never miss an opportunity to post this Family Matters skit from Key and Peele.

3 Likes

Oh man, this one is goating. Top 3-5 K&P for sure.

1 Like

Partridge Family

Laverne and Shirley

King of the Hill

2 Likes

Anyone else have to watch the Letter People in grade school? Not nominating this.

1 Like

I’ll scream if King of the Hill wins, but it’s really good on its own.

I mean…it’s clearly cannon fodder. It could survive a round or something. It never ever wins the whole thing.

1 Like

Y&TR is a classic of its genre. Top of the pops for soap operas imo

2 Likes

Yeah, I voted Wire but I’ve got no beef with that result if it holds.

1 Like