GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

I’m going by style, evocation, and substance of what it’s trying to get across with its theme song.

1 Like

Dragnet vs Hitchcock was a tough choice to me. Both are iconic, but I give the edge to Dragnet because it’s an original composition (I think) and I don’t particularly like the recording of Funeral March that seems to have been used in the original show.

Sanford and Son best theme in TV history by a country mile.

I have nothing else to add but can’t help but mention my favorite celebrity death story - Foxx died of a heart attack while shooting the show “The Royal Family” and everybody thought he was fucking around Fred Sanford style. Apparently he died while all his friends and colleagues were laughing at him.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have enough views but this is the one you want:

Hey Green Acres reminded me of Petticoat Junction

Too late to enter? No worries.

Agreed tho I actually think Y&R has a surprising amount of standalone value. It has more depth than memory served.

I see plenty of similar notes in the more intricate, modern anime soundtracks.

(Universe forgive me for going against the GOAT series.)

1 Like

When I nominated The Wire, I was doing it as a combination of all seasons - I think the theme is clear enough to do that

Scooby Doo vs. The A-Team might punch Gen X and older Millennials in the nostalgia so hard we create a black hole.

1 Like

Added this one.

Also subbed in a higher view count for Family Matters to the spreadsheet that puts it comfortably in the top 128; it was on the outside with the previous link.

3 Likes

there are a lot of real stinkers in this

4 Likes

I put in a new link for Twin Peaks so it doesn’t get bumped out of the competition

1 Like

Three’s Company dropping out (now at 129) is tragic, but I can’t find a video of it with more views.

If there’s any play-in eligibility for it, just wanted to mention it.

2 Likes

Y’all up in here rigging the election for VIEWS. Some of the best themes in TV history will never have 1 million views.

It’s clearly a really imperfect way to seed, but I have no criticism of Wookie for setting it up that way. I don’t have a better suggestion for how it can easily be done, and even with this he’s going to have to put plenty of work in.

Holy shit did we really miss this one? 3.2M views.

and here are the opening credits

2 Likes

WKRP was in the list

Can’t believe The Wire is getting demolished by The Young and the Restless. facepalm.jpg

2 Likes

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the rounds in this contest

6 Likes

I found this version with 2.4 million views if that makes the cut.

I tried not being lazy and adding it myself but I’m not sure what I’m doing and think I may have overwritten entry #1. (I thought it would magically align after I entered view count lol).

If anyone can fix that please help and I’m done tinkering. Yes, it’s a miracle I’m still alive.

1 Like