GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

Final Four Justifications

• The Jeffersons vs. The Twilight Zone-The GOAT TV theme vs. the GOAT sci-fi theme. When you hear these two themes on your idiot box, you know you’re about to watch something good. They are like a bowl of your favorite ice cream at just the right temperature to not freeze your brain. No theme competes with The Jeffersons for me, no matter how good it is. Why? Because it is the GOAT.

• Mission: Impossible vs. The Addams Family-These are two of the most culturally impactful TV themes of all time. When Mission:Impossible left the air around 1972, most people probably thought it had ended its usable life. Boy were they wrong. The TV reboot starring Greg Morris’s son in 1985 or whenever it was tried to really end it. Then the series of loose movie reboots starring American Psycho Tom Cruise came about and ended any chance of this series falling to obscurity until he dies a gruesome death trying to one up himself because he has a death wish and God isn’t ready for him to jump up and down on his couch at his first interview. Then, you have The Addams Family, which certainly fell into obscurity with no one remembering it. Oh wait, Jenna Ortega has resurrected the franchise and it’s still just as culturally impactful as ever. Because Mission: Impossible doesn’t have an animated series and used Limp Bizkit to do a theme song to one of its movies, I’m picking The Addams Family because that one fact alone gives The Addams Family a better cultural impact.

1 Like

We’ve made it to the finals! Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to decide which of these two themes finally gets a piece of the pie.

Finals!

#101 The Jeffersons

VS.

#62 Mission: Impossible

#101 The Jeffersons vs. #62 Mission: Impossible
  • #101 The Jeffersons
  • #62 Mission: Impossible
0 voters
1 Like

STOP THE COUNT

1 Like

And we’ll also have a vote to decide which mysterious, ooky theme has the privilege to enter…the third place zone.

3/4 Match Up

#32 The Twilight Zone

VS.

#15 The Addams Family

#32 The Twilight Zone vs. #15 The Addams Family
  • #32 The Twilight Zone
  • #15 The Addams Family
0 voters
1 Like

Twilight Zone vs Adams Family is a tough matchup. Gonna have to think about this one.

Kind of moot tho as I can’t see either one beating Jeffersons.

The Jeffersons is a very worthy winner.

1 Like

This is a 3/4 match up. There won’t be a follow up against the winner of the Finals.

1 Like

Yeah, and head to head wins against Andy Griffith, Sesame Street, Cowboy Bebop, and the Twilight Zone is incredibly strong. I’m more impressed with M:I taking out the Olympics and Fresh Prince than I am that it took out Happy Days and the Muppets.

1 Like

I’m a little lost, but I’ve been heavy on the ignore button as I promised earlier in this thread (Fuck Matlock once again.). How did we go from 8 to 2?

1 Like

E8 was Twilight over Xfiles, Jeffersons over Bebop, Addams over Thrones, and MI over Muppets

F4 was Jeffersons over Twilight and MI over Addams.

2 Likes

Yep, my shtick of ignoring everyone (including the poll poster) backfired, who knew. I’ll see you all again in about three weeks. At least Matlock didn’t win.

2 Likes

I am confused. I thought the winners of these two matchups would go on to face each other head to head for the ultimate winner.

Final four started here:

Thanks again to MrWookie for setting this up, I’ll be able to easily see your Matlock inspired comments soon, but not too soon.

1 Like

The obvious sequel to this is thread is hipster TV themes that are bangers. The song is disqualified if you find a video with over 1M views.

2 Likes

Lol

I would like to do another competition of movie themes. Gonna be tough to beat Batman.

1 Like
1 Like

Strong contender, but I think a lot of John Williams beats it within this forum’s demo.

2 Likes

No doubt. I mean his Superman theme is an easy contender with the Batman theme. We will have to let the votes suss it out. Would be funny if the finals were just a bunch of John Williams themes competing against each other.

1 Like

Just opening themes? Would this be cheating?

1 Like

Is this for the runner up trophy? Suzzer already told us that Hawaii 5-O is the champ.

1 Like