GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

FWIW, I would have voted Andy Griffith against any theme in this block other than The Jeffersons.

1 Like

Law and Order or Jeffersons out of this group imo.

1 Like

Is Sesame Street really “where the air is sweet” given its clearly an urban setting? Gaslighting IMO.

1 Like

Smells like antifreeze and rotting garbage, both sweet.

1 Like

I tell you what, things aren’t A-Ok in Democrat-run hell-hole cities either!

1 Like

In the 1960s the Navy Yard area in Brooklyn was home to the Sweet’n Low factory, which gave the neighboring brownstone neighborhoods a distinct putrid-saccharine odor. It was also associated with a number of hallucinations and birth defects (which may have inspired some of the monster characters in the show).

4 Likes

Impossible matchup here. Had to go with my gut.

Jeffersons going to win the whole thing at this rate. It’s been stomping the competition.

1 Like

As it should, it is the GOAT

1 Like

It pains me to vote for anything else, but I watched Andy Griffith religiously.

Miami Vice getting stomped should invalidate this entire exercise.

2 Likes

The universe already imploded when Hawaii-5-0 lost in the first round.

3 Likes

It’s a brutal match up but still easy

1 Like

Just more proof of the anti-Czech bias on this site.

1 Like
  • Happy to see the Pink Panther apparently on the way out given my bias for original themes, even if it’d be a really solid contender in a movie themes bracket
  • Peter Gunn is super strong. Might even make the final four.
  • I’m voting NFL on Fox here just because it’s way closer to the X-Files than the vote would indicate.
  • Law and Order isn’t my favorite theme in this bracket, but it’s plenty to beat Duke’s of Hazard, which I’ve voted against at every opportunity.
  • Dragnet is too short, yes, but I thought it’s iconic enough to take out the Munster’s surf rock theme. Guess not?
  • Both Star Trek and Bebop have surprised me. I thought Friends would be the song coming out of this chunk of the bracket, but Friends is long dead. I lean Bebop here, but it’s pretty close.
  • And then the big yikes. These two and Peter Gunn are the top 3 of this chunk of the bracket for me, and one of them has to go out way too early. I lean with the consensus that the Jeffersons get my vote, but I’m really sorry to see Andy Griffith go.
  • Another close call. I lean Benny Hill because it’s cited so much outside of the context of the show.
1 Like

Are you good posting the second half of round 3?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll get that. We hit the road tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

I thought the last block had some tough picks, but at least 6/8 from this block I’m going to have to stew on.

Round 3, Block 2

#127 Get Smart

VS.

#98 Matlock

#127 Get Smart vs. #98 Matlock
  • #127 Get Smart
  • #98 Matlock
0 voters

Round 3, Block 2

#15 The Addams Family

VS.

#18 Bonanza