GOAT Sandwich Tourney! (no actual goats were harmed)

From what I understand from watching multiple videos of people making them, it’s a NYC bodega thing.

1 Like

I guess that would explain why I’ve never heard of it. I don’t go to NYC that often. 100% getting one the next time I’m there, tho.

So, to save me some time, what’s the best place in Manhattan for one?

I think the consensus is that the originator is Blue Sky Deli (aka Hajii’s) at 110 and 1st in Harlem. But I suspect a lot of New Yorkers would tell you to just hit up whatever good bodega is close to you.

Unfortunately every time I try something like this, I always run bad. Much prefer a specific place to go. Blue Sky Deli it is, unless someone has a more downtown rec that’s about as good.

HEAT 2 OF ROUND 1 VOTING IS COMING THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!!!

1 Like

Cheesesteak

Mettbrötchen

• Cheesesteak
  • Mettbrötchen
0 voters

Falafel pita

*Jambon-beurre

• Falafel pita
  • Jambon-beurre
0 voters

I struggled to find the perfect Jambon-beurre pic. A French bakery by me makes a perfect one and it is sublime.

Patty melt

Avocado toast

• Patty melt
  • Avocado toast
0 voters

Two entries that arguably shouldn’t even be here. And then there will be one.

Banh mi

Sloppy joe

• Banh mi
  • Sloppy joe
0 voters

“Toast” isn’t a sandwich, it is in the damn name. If the Devil’s Pear is in a sandwich just tack “California” on its name.

Italian sub

Jewish deli pastrami

• Italian sub
  • Jewish deli pastrami
0 voters

Brutal one

1 Like

Just because you got rid of the sauerkraut doesn’t mean I’m going to like your abomination of a sammich.

Egg salad

Cucumber tea

• Egg salad
  • Cucumber tea
0 voters

And then right after pastrami vs. Italian sub, we get this nonsense. Who’s running this cockamamie tourney anyway?

I have no idea if these are appetizing pictures of either because they both look disgusting to me. If anyone wants me to use a different pic, feel free to submit it.

I love a good pastrami sandwich, but if we’re talking best of the best I think Italian sub has higher highs.

Cubano

Primanti Bros

• Cubano
  • Primanti Bros
0 voters

Cubano strutting into the tourney like:

1 Like

Cubano looks so good

Bagel with lox

Montreal smoked meat

• Bagel with lox
  • Montreal smoked meat
0 voters

This seems like a good matchup.

I do like a good sloppy joe. But it seems like you’re always eating the 2nd half with a spoon. So I give the edge to banh mi.

Which sandwich are you talking about?

NFI what Montreal smoked meat is, but I feel like I have to represent for the bagel here

2 Likes