GOAT Movie Themes - The Championship

I doubt people actually listened and it was a victim of LOTR fatigue.

The theme is an enigma, in that it’s the soundtrack for one of the most popular films of our time but has notes that rival any deep cut you could dig up.

2 Likes

I mean it made a nice run, I don’t think people necessarily tired of it or anything. Rocky theme is incredible.

2 Likes

Initially I was a little sour about A Fistful of Dollars going down to Psycho . But seeing Psycho get curb-stomped by Star Wars takes the sting away. It took me back to ‘95 when my precious Steelers got beat by San Diego at Three Rivers in the AFC championship and the Chargers went on to get crushed by the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

1 Like

The F4 matches are nuts.

1 Like

Psycho doesn’t really belong with the rest of these imo. Neither did A Fistful of Dollars though.

1 Like

Final Four - Matchup 125

#16 Indiana Jones theme

VS.

#12 The Good the Bad and the Ugly

#16 Indiana Jones theme vs. #12 The Good the Bad and the Ugly
  • #16 Indiana Jones theme.

• #12 The Good the Bad and the Ugly

0 voters

Final Four - Matchup 126

#10 James Bond 007

VS.

#19 Star Wars theme

#10 James Bond 007 vs. #19 Star Wars theme
  • #10 James Bond 007.

• #19 Star Wars theme

0 voters

Love all 4 of these, but those two were pretty easy for me. I’ve loved GB&U since I watched it with my stepdad as a kid. Hit’s me all over the feels.

1 Like

Yeah, GBU is going to get my vote until it loses or ships it, I’m almost certainly decided on that. But its competitors are worthy.

1 Like

007 and Star Wars should’ve been the final for me

1 Like

What’s crazy is that I don’t even think that’s the best song from GB&U.

3 Likes

This is like that year UMass was undefeated and had to play the team that ultimately won the national title in basketball in the semifinals instead of the finals. Like then, I’m picking them even though I’m dreading looking at the results of that matchup. Oh well.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s a great song. But GB&U is wanna wanna wahhh … wahh wahh wahh …

2 Likes

Proving there is a god and she has good taste…

1 Like

the closeness of both votes is a testament to how we arrived at the proper final four, even after a lot of grousing

4 Likes

10 hours. We NEED another vote on GBU

4 Likes

No question. Indiana Jones is an excellent theme, it’s iconic, and it’s still beyond all reasonable argument that it winning out over GBU would entirely be a function of almost everyone here watching it as a kid and then maybe viewing GBU at some other random point in life, if at all.

Safe to say it would be preferable that the greatest theme win in a greatest theme tournament, but “I want what I want” is a powerful force.

1 Like

Any errors will be corrected in the final

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I feel like Indiana Jones is going to get slaughtered no matter who wins the other semi.

I think GB&U loses too, but I think it winning here will result in a much more competitive final.

1 Like