GOAT Movie Themes - The Championship

the closeness of both votes is a testament to how we arrived at the proper final four, even after a lot of grousing

4 Likes

10 hours. We NEED another vote on GBU

4 Likes

No question. Indiana Jones is an excellent theme, it’s iconic, and it’s still beyond all reasonable argument that it winning out over GBU would entirely be a function of almost everyone here watching it as a kid and then maybe viewing GBU at some other random point in life, if at all.

Safe to say it would be preferable that the greatest theme win in a greatest theme tournament, but “I want what I want” is a powerful force.

1 Like

Any errors will be corrected in the final

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I feel like Indiana Jones is going to get slaughtered no matter who wins the other semi.

I think GB&U loses too, but I think it winning here will result in a much more competitive final.

1 Like

That’s fair. I think we are going to see a Star Wars landslide. Only fitting if the final is John Williams vs John Williams.

Even more fitting in a greatest themes tournament would be the two greatest themes facing off in the finals.

1 Like

GBU is such a classic. Been used throughout tv and movies to represent a certain feel. Indy has a similar note for adventure themes but it’s not as replicated.

3 Likes

It appears that we found a hero. We need one more.

1 Like

I had to switch. Head over heart.

2 Likes

You sir, are a hero

Getting robbed of a John Williams final

We all make bad decisions in life

3 Likes

There’s still three hours. Anything could happen.

About the only injustices in this tourney are Jurassic Park running into Indiana Jones too early, and 2001 not being punished enough for not being an original theme. Finalists look good.

1 Like

Also, round of applause for @LFS for running the votes. That is a bunch of work. I do hope you’re willing to do a 3/4 vote? I think this is a good spot for one.

2 Likes

Thanks to you both

2 Likes

Happy to be of service!

1 Like

What’s a 3/4 vote?

nm figured it out from context—consolation match

Yeah took me a minute too.

Championship - Matchup 127

#12 The Good the Bad and the Ugly

VS.

#19 Star Wars theme