#46 E.T.

VS.

#83 The Social Network

#46 E.T vs. #83 The Social Network
  • #46 E.T.

• #83 The Social Network

0 voters

I think there’s a mistake here.

Is Tara’s theme also from Anna Karenina?

Fixed, thanks.

Only fitting that these two would match against each other, but boy what a decision.

• Ten Et Tiwa or whatever was a little too avant garde for me.

• Man of Steel takes a little too long to get going, but once it does, it’s great. That said, it ain’t beating that Batman theme.

• The Us theme is very appropriate for the movie, but isn’t terribly pleasant to listen to outside of that. I guess in some respects that makes it a great theme, but still going with the much more listenable Requiem.

• If I voted against 2001 for not being original, I can’t justify voting for The Sting here. Plus that 110th Street song is great.

• Skyfall. Next.

• Was that song actually in the Killers of the Flower Moon movie? Don’t remember it, and just checked the Wikipedia page for the soundtrack and it doesn’t appear at all. Abstaining until I get an answer here.

• Never seen Akira and was worried I’d have to vote against a banger anime theme. Thankfully it kinda sucks and I can make the vote with no guilt.

• ET in a decision that I was anticipating being very difficult, but very much wasn’t.

I’m curious now too.

https://x.com/AnAntLife/status/1683211626500030464

1 Like

If it’s an old song that was just in the trailer, then it shouldn’t be in the tournament and there’s no way I’m ever voting for it no matter how good it is.

It’d be like having Song 2 in here because it’s a great song that was in the Starship Troopers trailer.

1 Like

Let’s page whoever nominated it. I’ll scroll back…

I can’t even find where it was nominated :flushed:

Okay yeah, I love The Entertainer and I’ll vote for it in a GOAT Movie Themes tourney precisely when hell freezes over and not before.

1 Like

I nominated that KOTFM song I think. There’s a game on, but I’ll investigate when I can.

EDIT: Yeah it was just a trailer song, I agree it probably shouldn’t have been in (though it’s awesome), it’s not a movie theme. My bad for the nomination if I’m right that it was me.

Also in 2021, The Halluci Nation songs “R.E.D.” and “Stadium Pow Wow (feat. Black Bear)” were featured on Hulu’s streaming show Reservation Dogs, a show about four Indigenous teenagers living on a reservation in Oklahoma.[52]

In 2023, the movie Killers of the Flower Moon by renowned director Martin Scorsese prominently featured “Stadium Pow Wow (feat. Black Bear)” in its second trailer.

1 Like

Boy, I did not expect the Gone with the Wind theme to be THAT incredibly generic. Figured I was going to actually have a decision on my hands with that one.

1 Like

1 for TDK, 2 for STTMP

@discobot roll 1d2

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

2 Likes

For the longest time University of Kentucky used the Requiem for a Dream song as a hype up for the basketball intros. Knowing the movie it was from only brought the mood down for me.

1 Like

I feel like it got successfully repurposed for that Two Towers trailer and that gave it new context to use in more settings than just as a backdrop for peak depression.

1 Like

I am very surprised that people are voting for the The Sting over Across 110th St. Does anyone actually like ragtime?

1 Like

The Entertainer is great. The problem is that it is in no way primarily a movie theme. People are showing an unfortunate unwillingness to punish that.

1 Like

Yea I was surprised to see The Entertainer made it into the field.

1 Like