GOAT Movie Themes - First Block of Round 3 Posted

The cover of the Theme from Midnight Cowboy by elevator music legends Ferrante and Teicher made it to #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on adult contemporary charts in 1969.

1 Like

Hahaha YES!

1 Like

In the meantime I flipped my Bryan Adams vote to that nothing Warsaw Concerto as a tactical matter because the specter of a Bryan Adams-2001 second round matchup was unsettling me.

2 Likes

Yeah Im younger than both but my sister is right in your age range so Im sure she had me watch it as soon as I would understand it

1 Like

It also felt like it had Shawshank-level ubiquity on TBS for years and years and years.

1 Like

Absolutely. I saw it on VHS first, but caught it in reruns multiple times after like WCW Saturday Night or Superstars or something.

I have memories of the curse dubbing being horrendous but cannot find any examples online so it might be a mandela effect thing.

1 Like

Oh, it’s terrible. I caught ten minutes of it a couple of weeks ago on TV, having only ever seen the undubbed version, and couldn’t believe how bad it was.

1 Like

Thats what I thought. Normally, youtube is filled with compilations of terrible edits but I cannot find one for BC anywhere.

1 Like

wtf that Gremlins song is horrible

1 Like

Lawrence appears to be safe but still isn’t crushing hard enough.

2 Likes

There are few songs I hate worse than that Bryan Adams song.

2 Likes

But you do hate some worse.

1 Like

If only this had been the theme to a movie

Just for fun I looked at the year end Hot 100 for 1991 (where Everything I Do is #1), and oof what a terrible year for pop music. #2 is somehow even worse. Thankfully it wasn’t used in a major film.

1 Like

Wow Mariah Carey killed it that year.

#2 is as bad as you said!!

Definitely looks like Mariah Carey should have taken up four spots in the top 10. There are a handful of good songs, but yeah it’s a rough list.

1 Like

In fairness that’s a “hot singles” list which probably sucks every year.

1 Like

The following year does immediately look quite a bit better though.

2 Likes

I have no idea what the methodology is, but how are “Under the Bridge” and “November Rain” hot singles in 1992 and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” wasn’t in 1991?

1 Like