Gambling Addiction

They did? Maybe read the link first before commenting so much?

And being presented with a survey or promotion is not the same thing as being entered into a lottery. Glad we are still making up scenarios though!

Well itā€™s quite fortunate that some kind people decided to make an app for thatā€¦

Sure at me while you pontificate about something I couldnā€™t give less of a shit about. Why not?

ā€œCanā€™t use any gambling apps registered and legal in the UKā€ and ā€œcanā€™t be entered into any contest onlineā€ is a schism as different as UP and stormfront.

Thatā€™s great and itā€™s the way it should beā€¦

Then why all this JAQing off if this could have all been solved by you reading the original story you responded to?

Can we take the BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GAMBLING ADDICTS literally anywhere else?

2 Likes

Iā€™m finished here, smacc might be after he reads the original link.

Is this you :point_up_2::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re having a laugh at yourself, but you do realize thatā€™s Canadaā€™s post and not me right?

4 Likes

I was responding to Subā€™s post that itā€™s a convenient scapegoat, not the actual article, but you knew that and itā€™s why you moved back onto me after this post belowā€¦

Now maybe youā€™re response should have been to simplicitus as none of my posts referenced the article above but only mentions posters who posted here wrt addiction, but whatever Iā€™m done here too.

Enjoy your day and remember most European countries are taking a better stance on the gambling laws that have ruined certain aspects of our society as a whole, the UK did try with producing the licences and Apps a while ago but as you can see are useless, thatā€™s not an addicts fault, he need tool to help in his recovery and placing or receiving bets by friends is not one of them and never will be, thatā€™s a fact.

1 Like

To be clear Iā€™m ok with a lottery for people getting vaccinated.

I also think state run lotteries are disgusting and predatory.

I also think progressives should lead the way when it comes to showing compassion for addicts.

8 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind going into this more but it should be excised, flagging it for that reason alone.

2 Likes

My inclination would be to have you just start a new thread and leave this one as is. Itā€™s not a huge hijack at this point, and if youā€™re taking it elsewhere, then thereā€™s nothing that really needs to be done.

2 Likes

Yes can we just ask if they play pokerz and where?

1 Like

Counterpoint: if itā€™s free, itā€™s not a bet.

Wrongā€¦but hey go do your own research or open a thread and Iā€™ll comment in it.

Research on what? A free drawing is not gambling.

1 Like

Research on gambling addiction.