Fun Poster Data

ok boomers

1 Like

i loved them hoes and them hoes loved me

1 Like

3 Likes

When this thread started getting popular yesterday I was thinking about it and was going to write something basically saying “like systems aren’t good because people will intentionally not post things that won’t get likes” and then I realized that that hot take really translates into “like systems encourage good posting” so yeah. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

4 Likes

I’m in elite company. :grin:

1 Like

This reminds me of the time I was going to an ice cream shop to pickup a gift card. Now there are two employees, one is scooping the ice cream and the other is manning the cashier. There was a long line of people getting their ice cream. So I decided to skip ahead to the cashier since I was only buying a gift card. As soon as I walked up to the cashier someone at the back of the line yells, “Hey! Who do you think you are?”

I replied, “I’m the guy with the third highest likes per post on Unstuck Politics.”

Needless to say that shut him up.

28 Likes

LOL

6 Likes

LOL

4 Likes

I’m not sure if jmakin’s data includes likes from PMs, but the software does not include likes from PMs for the purposes of calculating Trust Levels.

Trust Level 3 — Regular

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

1 Like

How dare you

2 Likes

Pm’s are weird. Am I weird for thinking that? I don’t ever send pm’s unless it’s to settle a bet or something important I think needs attention.

I tried finding pm data with the api. I couldn’t due to permission levels I think (but i didnt try very hard). So I don’t think that data is lumped in with this data.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s a good point. Sometimes I have funny one liners in the middle of a long multi-quote and I probably lose likes from getting scrolled past. It improves my mental health to do it in bulk, though, so not worth the pursuit of likes.

1 Like

You’ve also been kind of an a-hole lately. Like what is the point of posts like this over and over?

1 Like

The point is he continuously has horrible takes and makes terrible predictions, then has the gall to tell some of us we’re gross for wanting Dems to insist on aid through January or nothing, because McConnell could decide to help later because it’s the right thing to do.

Simply put, he’s always wrong, never admits it, and acts like people who have been predicting things accurately are totally clueless. So I’m not letting it slide until he admits it and/or knocks it off.

That’s part of what I was talking about, though. I know some people like it and some hate it and it costs me popularity and likes, but it’s important imo to call out wishcasty bullshit and discourage it, so I keep doing it.

1 Like

I say this as someone who generally likes your posts and thinks that you are right about this particular exchange: We get it, and nunn doesn’t care what you have to say. Just let it go.

9 Likes

Semi-grunching, but I do miss the post count next to each user’s picture/name.

3 Likes

I still worry that there are people who enjoy nunn’s posting and wishcasting in a crisis is extremely dangerous.

1 Like

You can do that without being a bully.

2 Likes

Can assure you my Clovis likes were either ironic or accidental

2 Likes