First Impressions Containment Thread

Mods have a little shield thing next to their names like MrWookie in the post above yours.

The mods also wear superhero Underoos to bed.

I did a quick search to try and remember what Underoos were called and I swear the image below is with an Amazon product placement lolz. NSFW

Summary

Guess I didn’t make the cut

You weren’t active and didn’t have a registered account that role could be given to. Are you requesting reinstatement? I think that probably needs community approval at this point, but I can’t imagine there would be any objection.

I was just being a smartass. Happy to help out and mod if it would be useful though now that I am back posting from my self-Imposed trump hiatus.

Site looks and functions great on Firefox Focus if you’re on mobile

Another thing I really love about this forum software is no thread pages. What’s especially great is the software tracks exactly which posts you’ve seen. On the nazi forum where I had 100 posts per page setting, I sometimes had to read a bunch of posts before moving on just because if you left the thread and came back later it would start you at the top of the next page, even if you hadn’t scrolled down through all 100 posts loaded for the previous page. Here it doesn’t matter, it takes you right back where you left off.

3 Likes

I had already forgotten about that PITA twitter bug.

I had the exact same thought. This is a major plus for discourse.

Or you can highlight portions of a post and a quote box appears.

LOVE the snipping function and also enjoy so many emoticons to choose from.

1 Like

I am absolutely loving discourse mobile app. Notifications are a bit weird but at least they fucking work properly. Tapatalk had gotten worse and worse in the last few months, sometimes the notification server and 2p2’s server are out of sync or something so i get ghost notifications or stuff starts coming in en masse 12 hours after it happened or with completely wrong time stamps.

Browsing in this app is a breeze, although I do have a small complaint. I wish default reply was to topic, not to a person.

Thought it would take me a lot longer to figure things out but its been easy so far. I like it better then pro boards or 2p2. Good work everyone who put it together.

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of this format when I first saw it, but it’s really growing on me. Only thing I’m annoyed about is not being able to quote tweets; any time I try I only get the link. But it’s easy enough to go see the original post, so no real issues.

Good work, everyone.

Dumb question. How to I easily zoom to bottom of thread without having to scroll endlessly?

On desktop you can click the scroller thing immediately next to comments and drag it to wherever you want to go, or just hit End on your keyboard.

On mobile, click the x/xxx comment box on the bottom of the screen to pop up the scroller.

2 Likes

You should be able to select text within the tweet and then click the “quote” popup. I just did that in the Trump thread but am on laptop so not sure if same on mobile but assume it would be.

edit: read your thing as wanting to quote part of a tweet btw…

Thanks one more, how do I post with a quote of the post I’m replying to in it?

Oh nevermind I just noticed the quoted thread is a small icon in the top left.

Im more of a lurker than a poster but figured id post and give my opinion on the new site. Started off on the fence but once the Democratic debates started I was sold on the site. Really enjoyed reading an active thread with the self refreshing. Also as someone who mostly lurks i like the ability to like a post so i can show my agreement or support of a post without having to reply.

I was worried about the future after the forum left 2+2 and now am thankful to everyone who put in the hard work to get this site and the temporary one set up.

6 Likes

So I just muted it but it still shows up under the politics category on the splash page. But if I enter that category it’s gone from the list of threads. Does that work the same for you?