Festive hats: *** BUILT BACK BETTER ***

What is going on here?

We had a little hat on the WAAF flair and it was awesome but now it’s gone.

Go back to that

1 Like

NewUniqueCornsnake-size_restricted

1 Like

loving these festive hats more than i thought

1 Like

and it’s an interesting dynamic added where i stop for a second and think, “wait, hold on… does this guy believe jesus christ is our lord and savior?” and i think about it and i say, “yes” or! i think “no”, or often it’s unknown with the information that i have

Well I already have a hat on my avatar so I guess I’ll leave the hat group bc I’m not Xzibit wanting a hat on my hat

I just wanted one on my flair

Can’t we just have a WAAF during transition group that is the WAAF with the hat image? It looked nice before. I’ll join that group.

2 Likes

Anastasia envies the majesty of your hat

Ty, I may adjust my flair just for this option. You’re our patron non-denominational saint.

giphy (11)

Awesome

A+ customer service here

3 Likes

The best hat song ever

1 Like

Thank you

3 Likes

Funny… Hahahahah… Now where’s my hat :grin::grin::grin:

Joking obviously, just showing some bugs.

1 Like

Yesterday or the day before there was a New Years hat that said something like “Next year I will post better” or something like that. Did those go away?

Okay Pelosi, sure, on your schedule

English has a similar expression, although it’s usually a reference to “wearing the horns” rather than antlers. Shakespeare has multiple plays that make reference to this, perhaps most notably Othello, who suspects Desdemona has been cheating on him, and he complains that he thinks he’s getting a headache, the subtext being that he thinks he might be growing the proverbial horns. I always thought it was, like, bull horns or goat horns. But, like, looking it up, it was originally deer antlers, as a stag may lose its mate if it loses a fight with another.

This is not at all a common usage in modern English. I’m not sure when it fell out of favor, but I’ve only encountered it in Shakespeare. I’ve never seen someone mocked along these lines for wearing reindeer antlers at Christmastime.

4 Likes

Can you also please unhat @realDonaldTrump?

Or at least give him a custom dunce cap? He doesn’t deserve to be festive.

4 Likes

Thanks to whoever did this.

9 Likes

leave it to wookie to teach us Shakespeare without asking. in a thread about a secretive festive hat club no less.

3 Likes

Look, there are a couple things here that are reliably true for me.

1. Airplane references will basically always get a heart from me.
  2. I’ll almost always chime in about inter-language linguistic quirks with lapka.

Year round:

Fedora
Blue Baseball cap
Indy Jones hat
Top hat

Festive:
Green st patty’s day hat in March
Bunny ears in March/April